Need small AA light

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
My partner and I are plain clothes officers.
We are looking for a small light BRIGHT single AA cell light with pocket clip, and foreward type of clickie.
Ability to use a dimmer mode would be nice.

Strongly considering the 4sevens Quark

Is there anything else to look at?

Last edited:

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
I think you may have hit on the light for you with the Quark AA Tactical, I find the 2 programed modes are all I ever need. Normally low and turbo. 4/7 Quarks have one of my favorite beam patterns. I have not had any issues with my Quarks. I EDC a single AA and find its all the light I normally need, However If your Dept will give out CR123's the 123^2 is not much larger. Either way get the deep pocket clip it makes the light so much better to pack.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, Quark AA Tactical is a top light. I've got a AA2 Tactical and a 123 Tactical and they're my most used lights. I've had them both for almost two years, and they've been dropped and dunked under water countless times.

I just still wish there was an XP-E option. I love the beam on mine and I'll miss it when/if it dies.

davecroft

Enlightened
If you want a really small AA light with clicky switch, the options are a bit limited. I think one of the smallest brightest single AA light is the Jetbeam PA01.

Quark AA / AA tactical= 109 lumens, length 3.8 inches
Jetbeam PA01 = 140 lumens, length 3.5 inches

Not sure if you can get a clip for the PA01 though.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it can be momentary, but not a clicky (twist for constant), look at the Peak ElCapitan, or the Logan with a 17500 body.
Check Oveready, or RMSK as Peaks site is not maintained.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clickie is critical.
I ordered a couple of Quark tactical models today today.

Still need a budget light for a patrol carbine.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Quark AA Tactical and I love it. It takes whatever abuse I throw at it and never lets me down. Try an AW 14500 protected Li-ion in it and you will be impressed. I also invested in a 123 body for it and it provides for a nice very small & bright tactical light option when I want or need one. The lego-ability of the Quarks has always been one of the key features of their line. The extra 123 body comes with end caps so it makes for a very small, lightweight, easy to carry, enclosed back-up battery package for the AA. On a RC123 the little tactical light rocks! Like many folks I usually use the Quark AA set at its highest and lowest modes. You'll be happy to own this light even if you find something else you like in the future.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I took delivery last week of a Quark X 123 tactical and was very impressed. My partner wanted a AA light so I figured what the heck, I'll get two.

After seeing what these XM-L lights can do I suppose I may just be upgrading everything

TigerF

Newly Enlightened
The Quark AA with a protected lithium-ion 14500 battery is amazing! It puts out MUCH more light than with a stock AA alkaline or NiMH cell! Great for EDC!