Jetbeam RRT0 XML

abinok

Newly Enlightened
About 10 minutes.
don't use a rcr123... use a imr cell. The current is too high for rcr.
you will damage the unprotected imr cell by continuing to run it... don't do it.
runtime on a cr123 is around 90min, at 250-300 lumens.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
550lm! wow these small lights are really getting to be pocket rockets

DisrupTer911

Enlightened
Why do you guys say no RCR123 in RRT0?
It's clearly shown in the documentation that those are the preferred battery types.

rrt0_xml_En16.jpg

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do you guys say no RCR123 in RRT0?
It's clearly shown in the documentation that those are the preferred battery types.

On the other hand, the sysmax experience doesn't give me a good feeling about Jetbeam's understanding of safe battery charge/discharge rates... easy enough to resolve this one, though, if someone can tell us the current draw when an RCR is used

Blueskies123

Newly Enlightened
I wonder why it only runs 100 hours on .005 lumens. Quark and Zebralights run many times longer in .2 lumens. I use the low low more than any other setting.

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder why it only runs 100 hours on .005 lumens. Quark and Zebralights run many times longer in .2 lumens. I use the low low more than any other setting.

Because the RRT-0 has a special continuously variable brightness adjustment that has higher power consumption than a conventional lumen adjustment with just three fixed levels of brightness...

DisrupTer911

Enlightened
Not insisting but why would the manufacturer list it as a safe battery when it can cause issues and possibly harm the user. opening themselves up to lawsuits, etc etc.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not insisting but why would the manufacturer list it as a safe battery when it can cause issues and possibly harm the user. opening themselves up to lawsuits, etc etc.
Because they are not the one who use the light, if you dont fascinate ppl with lumen
Strictly speaking, RCR = Rechargable CR123a-sized li-ion but theres 3 different chemistry, LiMn, LiCo, LiFePO4 but usually ppl would treat a RCR as LiCo
LiMn as IMR16340

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
So to settle this argument, I'd ask again, what's the current draw on RCR? Protected LiCo are usually rated around 750mAh, draw is recommended up to 2C, so if the light is pulling around 1.5A or greater, I'd go with IMR instead; the lower it is below 1.5A, the happier I am with protected LiCo. So we just need to know what the light is pulling to get to that lumen rating, to see which battery makes sense

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check jetbeams data; TESTED ON RCR 700MAH-WHAT U CANT READ!

Me not great on reading, but me working on it lol. But seriously, I look at this myself first, because I'm capable of understanding specs and coming to my own decisions on how hard I want to drive my batteries. And second, the fact that the sysmax pushes 1000ma into a10440 makes me wonder if anyone at jetbeam has read or understand the battery manufacturers recommendations. Though your all-caps response is very convincing lol

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
We must be careful, because lately Sysmax has really gone wonky - their all new Jetbeam i4 Intellicharger is not working as it should, and the Nitecore TM11 Tiny Monster is having some problems too.

My friend just purchased an RRT-0 XM-L from bogusa, and I'll have a look at it this weekend when I see him...

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I imagine that if you did run it for than long your new xml is going to fry itself pretty quick. I don't trust Jetbeam.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
If nobody really knows about the batteries, then contact the manufacturers. AW will give you full details if his batteries will work with the RRT-0 XML.

eh123456

Newly Enlightened
What's wrong with their new i4 Intellicharger ?

We must be careful, because lately Sysmax has really gone wonky - their all new Jetbeam i4 Intellicharger is not working as it should, and the Nitecore TM11 Tiny Monster is having some problems too.

My friend just purchased an RRT-0 XM-L from bogusa, and I'll have a look at it this weekend when I see him...