Request for Info: Surefire 3P with "T" head

k9hutch

Newly Enlightened
I came into this setup via a trade and don't have much info on them. By the tail cap markings, the light is a 3P (or is it a 9P) and I believe the head is a "T" series. It has the MN15 bulb setup. The "T" head has some character marks, but the 3P is in very good shape minus a few very small injuries. Are these worth anything?
IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

I apologize in advance if I am asking an inane question as I really don't have any idea!

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Viper715

Enlightened
Well it's a old 3P tailcap I guess. The body is the predecessor to the z3 I think it was a 9R maybe I can't recall for sure. But your missing the bigger rubber grip ring that should be in front of the two smaller rubber spacers at the back of the body. Nice setup though I wish I would have kept my Z3.

P.s. that tailcap is jut begging for a McClicky upgrade from oveready

Size15's

Flashaholic
The place on CPF for buy/sell/trade is the CPF MarketPlace.

If it's a three-SF123A body it's a 9Z. Looks like it, and the MN15 TurboHead Lamp Assembly is for three-SF123As.

The T-Series 3" diameter TurboHead is evermore increasingly hard to find and tends to be sort after.

You'll get a better looking beam from a Classic "N-type" Lamp Assembly such as the N2 (but they're also hard to find!).

If you're going to be using the SureFire I strongly suggest you replace that TailCap with a LockOut TailCap such as a Z41 or a Clickie TailCap such as a Z59.
You don't want at best to accidentally run down the batteries, and at worst cause damage to the TurboHead.

k9hutch

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys! A 9Z it is! I very much agree on the tail cap upgrade. Thank you very much for your responses. I'll probably put these in the Marketplace as I really don't have use for them. I also agree on the Z3; I use one as a duty light with a Malkoff on board.