Large flashlight that uses 3+ CR123's?

Fangtastic

Newly Enlightened
Silly request - I have a small cache of cr123's (about 100) purchased from a friend, but I doubt I could ever use them all before they expire, especially at the rate my novatac uses them!

I probably replace the battery in my novatac 120p 1-2 times a year with its current usage.

That being said, are there any bright new lights out there that use 3 or more CR123 batteries that i can simply enjoy to play with? Brightness would be my number 1 preference. Surefire's UB3T would be perfect, though it is quite price hefty. A budget around 200$ or less would be ideal. Any ideas?

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not new, but there were some older Lux V lights that used three cr123's that were bright. The Lux V was the first multi-die LED.

Fangtastic

Newly Enlightened
Ah my old lust-light :)

20 min @ 500 lumens with 6x123 batteries...technology moves fast.

Fangtastic

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to stick to LED's. Not trying to purposely burn through the batteries per se, but I can afford to use a lot of batteries for a high powered light.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
How bout an Olight M3X, it never fails to make me smile everytime I turn it on!

Fangtastic

Newly Enlightened
those olights are definitely looking good - they don't make a version of the SR92 that takes CR123a's do they?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

If you really want to treat yourself>>>> Sunwayman M60R XM-L

sunwaymanm60rxml_LRG_1.jpg

Uses 6 X cr123,...:devil:

Sunwayman build quality is very good.

jmwking

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like a bad habit to develop - you'll have to give it up again or keep finding friends with extra batteries!

-jk

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
The Lumintop TD15X comes with a body extension that allows you to run 3 CR123 batteries and you can add another extension to run 4 CR123's. At 720 Lumens it is extremely bright for its size..

LocoDuck

Newly Enlightened
I'd vote for the Sunwayman M30/M60R. 3 or 6 cells, pick your poison. Stated 800lm.

Fangtastic

Newly Enlightened
thanks for all the suggestions!

The nitecore tm11 is definitely the most interesting to me, but Jash's experience with nitecore scares me a bit.
the sunwayman m60r is a close second for me...

choices choices!

Kilted

Enlightened
I just received my Sunwayman V60C. This one very nice flash light. It will use 6xcr123 at a pop and after you finish off the cr123's it will run on 3x18650's. I got the charger and run on 18650's, just one very sweet light.

TM11 hmmm; how often are you going to use 2000 lumens? I went for a short walk tonight and only used the the low setting for the sidewalk and high to light up the trees. You said you wanted a light you could use up the cr123's not a shelf queen.

I also bought a Fenix TK35, it has turned into a work light, great for in computer rooms, in racks and under floors.

=D~~ Kilted

Last edited: