Nebo Redline

Lor

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I had to ask because I can't search.

Any opinion on this light is appreciated. I'm looking for more output and longer run time for outdoor usage.

Lor

Newly Enlightened
What I mean is that I can't search here in CPF. It kept giving me error that I don't have permission.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Use the google Box at the top of the page it will restrict your search to CPF.

Norm

energinerbuzzy

Newly Enlightened
I have two of the Nebo redline's on the way from Amazon as well. A little hard to find info on them other than amazon reviews but for 450 reviews and a 4.5 star rating, I can't wait to see this little light!

booky

Newly Enlightened
I have had a couple of these lights for over a year now. Keep one in the car and another in the house as my go to light. So far so good, no issues as of yet.

From what others here are saying, the 220 lumens max output is greatly exagerated. However, i find it to be sufficient to use as my EDC.

For the money I spent on them ($25), the features, and the ease of use, i think it is a good buy for someone on a budget.

Sethbeasley

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of these off amazon a few months ago....not a bad little flashlight, not great but not bad. Like booky said, its not bad if you're on a budget. I carry mine in my backpacking/camping pack and it does the job and has held up to a lot of abuse. It's nice to have a cheap light you can say, profanity removed - Norm if something bad happens to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

betweenrides

Newly Enlightened
Nebo Redline is a decent cheap light. I've had one for a while picked up at retail from a Batteries Plus, think I paid $21. Probably not 220 Lumens claimed, but lots of other flashlights are guilty of that. It's a good around the house light and at full zoom a decent thrower for back yard use.

esfan

Newly Enlightened
I have one of those. It's cheap, but not sufficient at all, and I don't really like it. The light output is kind of bluish instead of pure white (compared with Cree Q5), and it has a weird adjustment setting that could make it "spot" or "flooded". It produce less light than the Q5, not to mention SF stuff like 6PX. (So I guess the 220 Lumen claim is not true). The switch feels weird too because it's pretty hard to press in. Actually, for the same price, you could get something much more decent like a Solarforce L2 and some 5 modes Cree combination.

matt4270

Newly Enlightened
Get a Rayovac indestructable 2AA at home depot for $15- instead. I bought a different Nebo for about $8- awhile back, and it was a waste of money.

SirJohn

Newly Enlightened
Nebo Redline is actually overpriced at $25. It essentially a slightly beefed up version of the generic 3xaaa powered x2000 zoom light. Cree XR-E versions of that light are all over e-bay for about $7-8. It's not worth paying 3 times the amount for a version with a magnet on it. If you want a light like the Redline, just pick up the generic ebay version.

There's a lot of other lights that are better at $25 depending on what type of light you need. Once you start using good 1xaa lights and 2xaa lights, you begin to realize how big a pain in the butt 3xaaa is.

dentaldude

Newly Enlightened
..was just introduced to candlepower forums yesterday. I have 3 Nebo redlines, is there any way to modify them? I have alternatively been told to trash my mag lights as it s not cost effective to retro them.