Had a pretty bad experience, need more power!

KingPro500

Newly Enlightened
This is an enjoyable hobby, but now i have some money to spend, and its burning a hole in my pocket. I need a fix! And i want lumens!

I had an episode tonight that almost had be buying a couple of minutes ago, but i want some more advice. It was a dark and stormy night, and i came home late, with my two kids, and had to unload the car in total darkness.

I had a Fenix 05, A Zebra H51FW, and a cheapo AA ebay light. I also had interior lights in the car, and Volvo "follow me home(park lights, not headlamps)", that turned itself off after 20 sec(it felt like). I had to do several trips from the car to the house, and i was afraid i had lost some of my items on the ground. I had not, but it became obvious to me that i was underpowered.

I need more lumens. The only thing i was thinking of during this ordeal, was more powerful flashlights. Ok, i did not almost get killed, but you have to agree, this cannot happen again.

I have been playing around with AAA and single AA lights for a while. I was 100% sure i would never use anything than those batteries, i live in Europe, and have never seen anything else in the stores. But now i am ready. I have already purchased some 18650`s, but it looks like i have to spend some more money on quality batteries. I pulled the trigger to fast on that. I also bought a cheapo flash to use them in, also ebay.

I was going to hold out to the new Q50 from Zebra comes out, but i already have a H51, and H51FW, and they are the most beautiful and well made items i have. I love them. But the pictures of the Q50 just look awful to me.

Anyone else checking the spreadsheet several times a month? https://docs.google.com/a/proreklame.no/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Atedkp7Jhq8wdGY0UTU2TmVwOW9Fc0FfUDFVSHVNS1E&authkey=CNqP6KIC&hl=en_US&authkey=CNqP6KIC#gid=0

I
have been looking at the SC600, seems like it would fit the bill. Also Tk45.

Criteria:
Quality
Lots of lumens 600+
My H51FW is to floody for this use, and to underpowered.
I dont want a spotlight, like the tk40, some flood is needed.
If i can avoid it, i dont want cold hard colours, i love the tint on the h51FW.

Value for money, i could drop 200$, but i want value.

Candidates so far:

H600 if its the same as Sc600, i will buy this version.
Zebra Sc600 (18650 is a negative, but smallish, and Zebra is a big plus)
Zebra S5310, to long to wait? AAx3 is a big plus.
Tk 45 (AA+) seems like a good buy to me. I would prefer Zebra, but if its the best for me, i will buy it.

I would like any and all advice, including practical use in real life.

Last edited:

JKodiak

Newly Enlightened
Somebody really wants to find a reason for purchasing new light... :-D

So situation was that you have 3 flashlights, car headlights and about 5meters distance where you thought that you dropped stuff? No lumens will save you from that. So what you want? A light that will look bright in the car headlights? Something that is bright enough to check that you didn't leave something into car?

Or do you want something brighter than your current lights? And perhaps something on 18650 form? If you have already charger and batteries how about Fenix TK35? Much smaller and lighter than TK40/TK41. If you want to something which uses AA batteries then TK41 would be my suggestion. TK 45/41 if you want more floody light. ITP A6 is also worth checking up, uses 6xAA so should be bit lighter than TK4x.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few suggestions

-TK35 is smaller, lighter and a little more floody than the TK41 (but still mostly throw).
-Malkoff Wildcat 3 x XP-G. Quite floody but still has some throw and very minimalist dimensions for a 2 x 18650 light.
-Oveready moddoolar triple. Mostly flood. Lots of different battery configurations; check out the website
-Lupine Wilma TL/ Piko TL max. German quality. UI is a bit complicated though.

KingPro500

Newly Enlightened
Somebody really wants to find a reason for purchasing new light... :-D

What an insult. How can you say something like that! (read in Zoidbergs voice) :whistle:

So situation was that you have 3 flashlights, car headlights and about 5meters distance where you thought that you dropped stuff? No lumens will save you from that.
There was only dim parking light from the car. When you say it like that, it sounds like i am crazy. For the record it was at least 6 meters.

1 Or do you want something brighter than your current lights?
2 And perhaps something on 18650 form?
3 If you have already charger and batteries how about Fenix TK35? Much smaller and lighter than TK40/TK41. If you want to something which uses AA batteries then TK41 would be my suggestion. TK 45/41 if you want more floody light. ITP A6 is also worth checking up, uses 6xAA so should be bit lighter than TK4x.
1 YES
2 I would prefer AA, but i like Zebra a lot, and see #1
3 Will check, thanks.

I do not know how to multi Quote, so thanks to monkeyboy and dosei-45

I will check all suggestions. I do not think i am going to spend $300, but give me an excuse......

Last edited:

ragweed

Enlightened
I changed a flat car tire on a pitch black road at night with an E01..! Your E05 would have been like a searchlight to me! Gads..!

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

tatteredmidnight

Newly Enlightened
I love my jetbeam BC40. 800 lumens, great mix of flood and throw. 4xcr123 or 2x18650. Plus its cheap ($70ish)!

Burgess

Flashaholic
to KingPro500 --

Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

Sounds like you are gonna' fit right in here !

:)
_