which one is better, streamlight poly tac, or surefire g2 ?

sunfire

Newly Enlightened
-better value: polytac
-more reliable: surefire g2
Want a great flashlight? Buy the G2 incan and put a Malkoff M60LL or M61LL drop-in.
Even better: search for "shaotech" and buy the G2's body, bezel and tailcap.

:twothumbs

Last edited:

ecrbattery

Newly Enlightened
The Streamlight Polytac LED is better value since it cames standard with a brighter LED and a clicky switch.

From my experience, I would says both the Polytac and the SureFire G2 are equally reliable. They can take a beating all day and still work.

The SureFire G2 does have a major flexibility advantage of the "lego" system. There are a vast amount of upgrades ( bezels, dropins, switches) available for customizing the SureFire. With the Polytac, you are "stuck" with what you got.

Will Malkoff drop ins fit in a Polytac?

The Polytac LED head seems to be one piece. The Polytac body won't take the SureFire Z44 bezel head so P60 dropins won't work.

The Polytac clicky switch does work on my G2 (there is a huge gap) but not vice versa.

Photo of Streamlight Polytac LED, SureFire G2, SureFire 6P :

vZXmC.jpg

sunfire

Newly Enlightened
The polytac is very attractive...but I promised myself not to buy more CR123A lights.:shakehead
I hope they launch in the near future 2AA plastic lights...:anyone:

timbo114

Enlightened
I have 3 of the G2 FYL w/Malkoff M60LF sporting the black PolyTac momentary tail caps I added a GID o ring in the cap gap.
I run AW 17670 cells in them.
Dyed my yellow PolyTac C4 Safety Orange - beautiful!
I do think that my C4s beam is just a fantastic example of a daylight pure white tint ... sweet perfection.

Both nice lights.

DSCF3169-1.jpg

sunfire

Newly Enlightened
:eek:oo::drool::faint::clap:I'd like to have one w/black body and fluo yellow head!:rolleyes:...Here I go again. :ohgeez:
I just ordered a lemon high intensity reflective tape vinyl for my G2 ... :cool:

Last edited: