HURRAY, I,m not a flashoholic.

nirrebosse

Newly Enlightened
I,m glad to tell you I discovered I,m not to bad into this flashlight getto.

Up until recently I just had a bunch of older flashlights, not thinking to much about their standard, just thought they were usable. Then I stumbeled upon some Led Lendsers, from witch I bought a P3, with woke an interest in new quality flashlights. After that I got myself a Fenix LD10.

This was a dangerous time as I read a lot and watched recentions and started to feel hungry for more. Better headlamp. bigger lightthrower etc. I,m now happyly a mounth into this and is rather satisfied with what I got. That LD10 is my EDC in pocket now when its autumn and dark here up north, It has its place on my head, together with a Silva L2 with a not to bright Luxeon 1 W led, and it has its place on the bicykle in a fenix gozmo for the purpose. If I had knew more from the start mabye I had bought a flashlight with a twistfunktion instead of a back button but I think that the 1 AA set up is perfect for my needs and Im relived to say I,m not a perfectionist about my light, (Like in pocketknifes for ex), Im happy to use it and not fondle with it much.(for me fondling is a warningsight, thing gets too much attention and that starts an urge for more)

Also went into rechargable AA s and now has a GP powerstation 500 with 4 GP 2700 and 4 sanyo eneloops 2500. That I think is wise as my use of the flashlight has increesed by many times as the new Fenix provides a lot of light that I previous had to use an carryable electric light for. I also belive the NIMHs carry more electrisity than usual strong alkalie AA batterys.

I have also discowered that my mini maglight for ex is to narrow to allow use of NIMH batterys. Up until now I realy thought they were identical to Alkalie AAs. Live and learn.

Bosse

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hehehe.... One word - Suckered! You think you can resist, but you are fooling yourself. Come, walk with us, there is much to discuss.

O, and it's dark, so bring a flashlight or two.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
give it time.. you only just joined.. i managed few weeks before going on my first purchase binge. :)

but good for you if you are not and will not become a holic.. as long as you are and stay more "enlightened" than regular people it is all good by all of us. :)

nirrebosse

Newly Enlightened
Jash. Most cerainly I will read, write and discuss here about the portable light but I truly belive that this aint going the knife and backpack and fishinggear and huntinggear and..... way for me. And if it does the pricing of flashligths ar far better than the one for flyfishing gear. But Im almost destinied to by myself a new headlamp, but it must drive on 2 AA rechargables and give at least 150 lumens in a wide beam for at least 1,5 hours and has a batery saving mode at around 50 lumens, so I have a deal of research to do. Mabye also a quark 2 X aa mini. If it accept recharables, But aside from that I cant see any other needs.

Bosse

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
What? What about the super-thrower? You can't survive without one of those! And a keychain light... and a pure flood of at least 650 lumens... and who could even think about not having at least one Ti light. Let's not forget an angle head light. Everybody needs one of those. Good to have a few lights that have other colors like blue, red, green light, speaking of which, a nice UV light for scorpian hunting...

Is my sickness showing?

Lucciola

Enlightened
I remember a time when I thought the same. Man, let me tell you one thing: You're doomed! :devil:

I joined CPF a bit more than a year ago, starting off with keychain light. Soon I bougt my first 4sevens. Many others followed. :shakehead Just recently I got my first Surefire. If it continues like this I'll have my first McGizmo in a year or so. :hairpull:

You should have never joined. But now that you're already here::welcome: . It's definitely one of the nicest communities in the web. :grouphug: (If not THE nicest).

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bosse,

You are registered and participate at CPF and have a few flashlights. I am sorry to tell you the truth:
you are already in the flashlight getto! Enjoy and learn! But watch your wallet and credit card...:party:

nirrebosse

Newly Enlightened
HAHAHA. You are the worst bunch of men I meet.
If I told you I sometimes drink water and you found me drowning I,m afraid you should push me under water ;) HEHEHE

Yes I know Im doomed in the way Im not a lightwirgin anymore but Im sertain that even if I,m hooked on the theory of lumination Im not in danger of spending big money. But a little more is going to be spent. Thinking a good headlamp will help me leving the short crosscountry tracs with electric light and give me access to long tracs in the dark woods at night. With a good light on my head some speed downsloop can be handled. I recon I need at least 150 lumens and I dont want it heavy so 2 aa power is my need.

I enjoy your place a lot, thank you

Bosse

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bosse, no one here would let you drown. After all message boards are all about helping others....On the other hand, if you were near death, I could a few here would be advising you to go into the light. While others, bring your own light. ...So, better stock up while you can.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
150 lumens will never do it. It will seem bright at first, but as your corneas burn in you'll need 200, then 300, then 500 lumen single 18650 lights, then 1000+ lumen double and triple 18650 light. Soon you will find yourself walking around with car headlights attached to huge 80Ah lead acid car batteries.

Then, you'll start to figure out what you really like in a flashlight. You'll sell the thousands of dollars of stuff you just bought at a bit of a loss on the MarketPlace to other youngens to hook them on the flashlight crack.:duh2:

At this point it will start all over again, except you'll be buying lights that are twice as expensive made by people (rather than companies) with weird names like Data, McGizmo, Kuku and Malkoff. You'll have enough lights to get you through a nuclear winter and just as many batteries that would last twice as long, but you will think you are still undersupplied. You'll start bitching that the most perfect light in the world isn't quite good enough because it only goes down to 0.03 lumens instead of 0.005 or only last 8 days 15 hours on super low rather than your other light which lasts 8 days 22 hours (because you would ever actually run it that long when you fall down a well and wait for Lassie to go get help).

Ultimately you will spend a months income a some crazy light called a Spy007 Tri-V (isn't that something James Bond carried in Goldfinger? :) ) but never actually use it to it's full potential because it will have cost so much you'll be afraid to get finger prints or lint on it.

But don't worry - I'm sure you have the will power to curb your spending and be happy with your LD10 because "It's not the flashlight we own that defines us, it what we do with it." (blatant Batman line plagiarism, sorry)

Hello, my name is SOYCD and I am a flashaholic! :welcome:

NOREAT

Newly Enlightened
So you think you will be able to stop once you get the headlamp? If you don't want to spend money, I hope you can resist, but in my case I told myself "I'll be done once I get a good two cell thrower". Now, I have an ArmyTek Predator, and now I want an E2E, LX2, 6P with M61 and McClicky, M6LT, and UB3T. If you really want to resist, good luck, but I think you will soon find yourself trying to justify $675 for a flashlight.:) I hope you succeed with whichever path you choose!

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whatever you do, buy the best you can afford right away. You'll save time and money.
And once you do that, you'll realize that flashlights are also created out of $pecial more expen$ive materials, that you just have to own ...because.

nbp

Flashaholic
I enjoyed reading your post. :)

:welcome:

Skip to the fun stuff and come straight to the McGizmo subforum. ;)

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I,m glad to tell you I discovered I,m not to bad into this flashlight getto.

Up until recently I just had a bunch of older flashlights, not thinking to much about their standard, just thought they were usable. Then I stumbeled upon some Led Lendsers, from witch I bought a P3, with woke an interest in new quality flashlights. After that I got myself a Fenix LD10.

This was a dangerous time as I read a lot and watched recentions and started to feel hungry for more. Better headlamp. bigger lightthrower etc. I,m now happyly a mounth into this and is rather satisfied with what I got. That LD10 is my EDC in pocket now when its autumn and dark here up north, It has its place on my head, together with a Silva L2 with a not to bright Luxeon 1 W led, and it has its place on the bicykle in a fenix gozmo for the purpose. If I had knew more from the start mabye I had bought a flashlight with a twistfunktion instead of a back button but I think that the 1 AA set up is perfect for my needs and Im relived to say I,m not a perfectionist about my light, (Like in pocketknifes for ex), Im happy to use it and not fondle with it much.(for me fondling is a warningsight, thing gets too much attention and that starts an urge for more)

Also went into rechargable AA s and now has a GP powerstation 500 with 4 GP 2700 and 4 sanyo eneloops 2500. That I think is wise as my use of the flashlight has increesed by many times as the new Fenix provides a lot of light that I previous had to use an carryable electric light for. I also belive the NIMHs carry more electrisity than usual strong alkalie AA batterys.

I have also discowered that my mini maglight for ex is to narrow to allow use of NIMH batterys. Up until now I realy thought they were identical to Alkalie AAs. Live and learn.

Bosse

That's the idea. And if you were any longer than a month removed from your first much less "last" purchase (I'm guessing the ups man came by with something the day you posted this?), I'd envy your mindset.

I think that the 1 AA set up is perfect for my needs and Im relived to say I,m not a perfectionist about my light
Me too. I also find I'm less a perfectionist the less I spend, sometimes resulting in a greater level of satisfaction with budget lights. Respect the mindset.