FourSevens        
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: MBI Core Ti - (world's thinnest??) Titanium Flashlight Pendant - (work in progress)

Default Re: MBI Core Ti - (world's thinnest??) Titanium Flashlight Pendant - (work in progres

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    +1 for pics of Ti on girls.....
    Will see what can be done...

tgwnn

Default Re: MBI Core Ti - (world's thinnest??) Titanium Flashlight Pendant - (work in progres

Quote Originally Posted by the_guy_with_no_name View Post
    The button at present requires only a small amount of movement (travel) to be activated as there just isn't much room to spare in terms of width, but I have found a decent SMD switch under 0.4mm thin, that might work but I'm not sure it can do momentary & click.

tgwnn

Hello tgwnn,

for the switch, i think the same used in the spark SD6 will be fine, it's very very thin. Get in touch with xyber to know the model number.

Quote Originally Posted by flex76italy View Post
    Hello tgwnn,

for the switch, i think the same used in the spark SD6 will be fine, it's very very thin. Get in touch with xyber to know the model number.
    Hi flex,

Thanks so much for the suggestion.

As far as I can tell the Spark's I've seen use a single action switch, similar to the ones in the Zebralights.
    push for on/off, hold to change mode, and quick double push to get strobe, etc.
    They come as thin as 0.4mm.

Im looking for something that has 2 positions, similar to the switches in a digital camera.
    half press to focus, full press to shoot.
    The switch actually has 2 physical positions (poles).

So far, I've found one with 2 positions at 0.9mm thin but hoping for something thinner.

Please let me know if I'm mistaken about the SD6 though.

tgwnn

I find Spark's button a tad too soft. If similar traits are applied to MBI Core Ti, the off chance for accidental activation is higher. Not sure about the rest, but I might find it tedious to explain everytime someone gasps whilst pointing at my glowing chest... It'll expose my identity as Iron Man.

So far, I've found one with 2 positions at 0.9mm thin but hoping for something thinner.
    tgwnn

This and this and this are sufficently thinner?....hope this help your searching!
    Last edited by flex76italy; 10-27-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Looking forward to this, shiny black ti would be nice, and a slide switch would be ok

Is it possible to some trits? Guess that's ramping the price up though?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel View Post
    I find Spark's button a tad too soft. If similar traits are applied to MBI Core Ti, the off chance for accidental activation is higher. Not sure about the rest, but I might find it tedious to explain everytime someone gasps whilst pointing at my glowing chest... It'll expose my identity as Iron Man.

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by flex76italy View Post
    This and this and this are sufficently thinner?....hope this help your searching!
    Great help!!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mp101 View Post
    Looking forward to this, shiny black ti would be nice, and a slide switch would be ok

Is it possible to some trits? Guess that's ramping the price up though?
    Not sure about color options, or If I can offer them.

I did do a quick experiment this morning,
    anodizing the button......

Looks nicer than the photo,
    I may change the color of the button when I have a little more time,
    but the anodizing is easy enough for anyone to do at home and only takes a few minutes.

tgwnn

...similar to the ones in the Zebralights.
    push for on/off, hold to change mode, and quick double push to get strobe, etc.
    They come as thin as 0.4mm.

Im looking for something that has 2 positions, similar to the switches in a digital camera.
    half press to focus, full press to shoot.
    The switch actually has 2 physical positions (poles).
    I like both ideas and sense that you'll end up making an elegant choice for all of us, but if you could make a wider range of easily accessed options, I for one would like it a lot!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    I like both ideas and sense that you'll end up making an elegant choice for all of us, but if you could make a wider range of easily accessed options, I for one would like it a lot!
    Thanks kaichu as always.

Yes, I agree options are always great.

I really would love to offer all of them but its a fine balancing act between resource & demand on my end (I hope you can understand that). I want to get to a version 1 that is worthy of everyone's feedback and time, and then build on that to something even better still going forward.
    So all the feedback from everybody here (as with Torpedo) helps to shape and improve the final product.

tgwnn

p.s. planning to update the survey over the w/e
    p.p.s will publish early results in the first Core Ti mail update too

Options are always nice but keeping it simple and straight forward has it's advantages.

Indecisive person like myself would go nuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by euroken View Post
    Options are always nice but keeping it simple and straight forward has it's advantages.

Indecisive person like myself would go nuts!!
    Yes, I know what you mean.

Its a little like going to order pizza with a 100 people to decide the toppings

The main difference is that you eat the pizza and its gone, but for the Core Ti,
    it should be around for a long time so I can totally understand everyone's desire for their preference (in fact I'm just the same as everyone else when it comes to that).

In addition to preferences, the discussion, feedback and ideas put forward help to make the final product far better than if I was doing the development in a dark room alone.

I always say "There is no monopoly on great ideas" and the members at CPF sure have plenty of them.

and then of course, its fun to talk about the different possibilities too.

btw, today was the first time I wore the Core Ti on my (neck) chain (goodbye wee).
    the biggest difference is that I completely forgot I was wearing it.
    Super low-profile and close to zero weight, I can easily see a Core Ti living on me for a long while to come.

tgwnn

Flashaholic

Wow, I need to look this forum over more often. This would be a nice light to have as well. I hope these dont end up too pricey. i want one bad!

Quote Originally Posted by GrimCreaper View Post
    Wow, I need to look this forum over more often. This would be a nice light to have as well. I hope these dont end up too pricey. i want one bad!
    Thanks GrimCreaper,

Target price is < $50 (aiming for $45).

tgwnn

Unenlightened

Do you ship worldwide?

Thanks
    Christian

Would personal engraving being an option? (as in our CPF aliases or actual names instead of MBI)
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Quote Originally Posted by muecke View Post
    Do you ship worldwide?

Thanks
    Christian
    I'll ship anywhere the postman is willing to deliver

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    Would personal engraving being an option? (as in our CPF aliases or actual names instead of MBI)
    Custom engraving is doable though for now, the button's are done in batch's so as a minimum, anywhere else on the Core Ti (back/front) is possible (maybe, just maybe as a cpf only thing, I can see if we can do it on the button if you absolutely gotta have it that way)

Really want to do my best to accomodate where I'm able to.

I may have posted this already, but the custom engraving will require an additional fee (from the workshop), as there is setup time required to input the text, font and size it properly but happy to provide the service.

tgwnn

Could you offer an option for blank buttons? The MBI just looks like it is somebodies initials.

Quote Originally Posted by Morelite View Post
    Could you offer an option for blank buttons? The MBI just looks like it is somebodies initials.
    it is..... ours

Should be doable (at the very least as a cpf only option), in fact I was wondering if this may come up at some point in time.
    If this is crucial, let me know and I'll confirm it.
    anyone else?

I had also considered a thinner, less obvious engrave pattern, only visible under the right lighting/angle.
    still checking on that as it may require a different type of laser (not sure we have available)

tgwnn

Brightness...

I've been playing with different combinations of leds (5mm,3mm standard type) and batteries (3V button) and the big difference seems to be using 2 batteries instead of 1.

Using 2x3V batteries of just about any size, brightens the led output far more than using a higher capacity battery.

At 6V, using either 2x 1616,2016,1225 the brightness of most of the white leds, is comparable to the Inova Microlight on high (which uses 2x2016).

On just 3V, a blue led appears to be the brightest on a white wall (No, blue will not be the default led choice, its just a fyi)

This means that if I can find the right combination of batteries (size is the main issue) , brightness can be significantly increased.
    I was originally planning to use CR2012 but we'd need an extra 1mm ~1.5mm of width (which should be fine for most??), though they are not as common as 2016 or 1616 (the current battery). Using 2x CR2012, should increase the brightness significantly, with minimal impact to the current thickness.

I'll get a bunch of different batteries, do some more testing and post an update.

tgwnn

.... Really want to do my best to accomodate where I'm able to .....
    Yes and this is admirable considering all the different requests.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Got Lumens? View Post
    +1 Laser engraving.

As Far as the batteries, (future power LED ver.) two 2032's would be better side by side instead of stacked to maximize it's thiness.
    Also would be great if the future "version two" to have a battery draw/holder, that slides or pivots out, instead of having to split open the flashlight.
    GL
    +1 on laser engraving and battery draw/holder,similar setup to the iPhone sim card holder perhaps.I'm definately in for several of these beauties no matter what.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    Yes and this is admirable considering all the different requests.
    thanks easilyled!

Quote Originally Posted by nguyet16 View Post
    +1 on laser engraving and battery draw/holder,similar setup to the iPhone sim card holder perhaps.I'm definately in for several of these beauties no matter what.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    nguyet, thanks for the feedback and glad to hear you like the concept.

btw, I just put a flat blue led into one of the proto's.
    protruding about 1mm from the bottom,
    ugly beam pattern (too many artifacts in the blue led) aside,
    it actually looks "gorgeous" seeing a bright blue light emanating from something so thin (very mac-like).

I have a pure pink led too, but if I put that in, I think I'll lose a proto for sure once my wife see's it (she's been asking me for one since the moment they arrived)

tgwnn

I thought I had posted this image already...

The default led in the Core Ti (on the left) is completely hidden,
    I've been using slightly different shaped leds, and positioned them to protrude just a little from the bottom.

Actually looks kind of cool, like lit candle wick in your fingers....

blue and pink look really cool too!

Have I posted this?
    (I must be doing far too much posting )

tgwnn

Wow, great concept. I signed up and if you hit the target price, you can bet I'll pick one up.

I really like the back and forth, and appreciate your posts. Don't stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildlands View Post
    Wow, great concept. I signed up and if you hit the target price, you can bet I'll pick one up.

I really like the back and forth, and appreciate your posts. Don't stop!
    Thanks very much Wildlands,

In that case, I'm betting you will pick one up

tgwnn

I like the look of the Core Ti better with the LED fully recessed, but if the beam pattern and output are better with the LED poking out a bit that would be worth it.

I thought I had posted this image already...

The default led in the Core Ti (on the left) is completely hidden,
    I've been using slightly different shaped leds, and positioned them to protrude just a little from the bottom.

Actually looks kind of cool, like lit candle wick in your fingers....

blue and pink look really cool too!

Have I posted this?
    (I must be doing far too much posting )

tgwnn
    Guy,
    The recessed or flush(slight protrusion 0.25mm) looks much better, IMO.

Another idea for Ver 2(or1). Why not have two switches, one small slide switch on the side for constant on, and the momentary button as you have now.
    GL

+1 for flush or recessed.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Syniosbeam by Enderman

+2 flush or recessed.

+1 for blank button.
    Last edited by Zeruel; 10-30-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    +1 for flush or recessed.
    +3 for flush

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast