Need a moderate thrower

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of my new moderate lights ar XM-L emitthers.
Im l'm looking for something in CR123 form factor (2 cell) that would be a little less flood. The smaller form factor the better. It must have a fore ward click swith. An easy to use interface (prefer one handed).
I would probably be using this as a belt mounted uniform duty light.
If my understanding is correct an XP-G emitter would have more throw and a smaller spill than a XM-L. I am open to suggestions.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not a one hander, but how about a Maelstrom G5 V2 ...

75 yards with smooth reflector;

G575yards.jpg

75 yards with textured reflector (about $15.00);

CIMG1809.jpg

The other I had, but can't remember how pronounced the hot spot was is a Jetbeam RRT21, but loved the UI.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
try the olight i6. also the Quark 123^2 Turbo X. Helluva thrower. The Xeno G42 also has a very deep reflector. The V1 of that had an XPG R5, the newer V2 version runs an XML T6 already.

Blitzwing

Enlightened
Eagletac T100C2 MkII throws good and can run on 2xCR123's or an 18650. The battery cast for the Cr123's also stops battery rattle when using the smaller batteries.

T20C2 with the XR-E emitter also throws good.

Or a Solarforce L2T or L2P with an XR-E dropin.

Jackasper

Enlightened
Hi madecov, I went with a Surefire G2 and got an XR-E drop in. It is not necessarily a forward clickie but can be with the right tail cap. It is simple, quite small and runs on 2 123's/16340's or a single 17670. Total cost was under $80. I suppose if you went with a Solarforce L2T and the drop in, you'd be at about half of that (cost wise).

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would probably be using this as a belt mounted uniform duty light.
If my understanding is correct an XP-G emitter would have more throw and a smaller spill than a XM-L. I am open to suggestions.
I would not buy a solarforce for a duty light, have killed 2 switches just by playing with them. Everything but the switches is good quality in the solarforce hosts.

The smaller the led is, the better it focus in a small reflector. So you should look for a quality light with a xr-e or xp-e led, xp-g is starting to get big for a small sized focused light. The old fenix tk11 with a xr-e is solid like a hammer and throws good. They might be hard to find, but i think it has the perfect combination of ruggedness, size and throw.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ended up throwing a Thrunite XM-L drop in a Blackhawk Legacy. Nice and bright and has a foreward clickie.
I'll get out to the range and run it through a few hundred rounds and make sure it handles ok