'Dark Art Glove'

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: \'Dark Art Glove\'

[ QUOTE ]
Ellis said. "I just started wondering why people try to do things that require two hands while using one hand to hold a flashlight."

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Ellis, something's already been around for a long time and has been used successfully to take care of that problem... ever heard of a HEADLAMP? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Headlamps have the added benefit of not blinding you when you're looking over your hands to see what you're doing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu

I agree with the headlamp comment; however, he does have a point in that often your hand can be in one spot and your head can't be pointed that way, but your eyes can. I think that was the intent of the young girl who invented the screwdriver or nutdriver that had a built-in light.

Generally, though, the headlamp wins, I think, since the glare of the bulbs would not overwhelm your eyes and reduce your ability to see outside of the range of the glove.

bwcaw

Enlightened

Geez, anything can be "art" now. I remember a saying of Red Green (a canadian comedian): "If I can do it, it is not art".

I also remember in "Red Planet" a similar glove being part of the spacesuits worn by the actors in that movie. Only they had leds in them and looked a lot cooler! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif