Armytek Predator Tailswitch Problem

NJ870

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought an Armytek Predator and I love this light. It works perfect as a relatively small thrower for my work as a security officer. Within days of having it I noticed that every so often I would go to turn it on and after a full click it wouldnt stay on. Through the click it would come on as if I was pressing it for the momentary on but after the full click it would turn back off. It has gotten progressivly worse through the week that I have had it and now about 30% of the time it wont stay on. the tailcap its tight so I ruled that out.

Has anyone else had this problem? I emailed Armytek days ago and still havent heard back. I love this light but I'm really bummed its not working flawlessly.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a bad switch to me. I replaced the rubber boot on my switch with one from another manufacturer because the installed was too stiff and didn't allow the light to tailstand. Do you actually hear an audible click and the light will still turn off, or are you pressing it down all the way without hearing an audible click?

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm , well , could be , a bad switch , poor contact , momentary on ? so its a forward clicky ? so it wont or should not be a pressure thing from the rubber boot .

Solutions = Got to pull the tailcap apart , and see whats going on inside , re set correctly and re assemble , if its a contact issue , might fix it , if its a bad switch , might do nothing ..

Will another clicky fit ? from another light [ entire tail cap ] so you can isolate the tailcap as the issue

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a bad clicky, but you can try this. I would take it apart by unscrewing the bezel ring on the tail switch. Once you take the silver part off you will see the tailswitch is held in place with a retaining ring. I would try tightening down the retaining ring with some needle nose pliers. If that doesn't work you can unscrew it and see if you find anything.