My next flashlight...

RiverRatMatt

Newly Enlightened
I've had a Fenix L2D for a few years and love it. It is a great overall light with a lot of utility, just the right size and weight, etc.
There are a couple things I don't like; I want a lower low mode, I want two primary modes that are programmable (IMO its pointless having med/high on the L2D since you have to tap again to get to them every time you turn the light off/on), and I'm considering switching from AA to a different battery system. Made in USA would be nice too.

Aside from my AAA headlamps, the next decent flashlight I have is my Streamlight TLR-3, which runs on CR2 batteries.

Being that its been a few years since I've really looked into flashlights, what should I expect as a benchmark for a 'current' L2D? Are there CR2 lights out there I should consider?

I EDC my L2D, and aside from that it will also be used in a wilderness setting from Desert to heavy Forest.

Whatcha got? :)

Last edited:

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you aren't familiar with HDS Systems you should check them out, they are the best lights out there in my opinion. It runs on CR123 or RCR123 batteries.

Shooter21

Enlightened
I'll check those out :)

I should also mention my budget is about $100.
yeah the hds lights are my favorite american made lights since they are fully customizable each mode can be programed to any level you like. for instance i have my first mode set at .07 lumens which is perfect for not waking anyone up and not hurting my night adjusted eyes

red02

Enlightened
Zebralight 51 series have are nice lights for under $100. Pretty much as bright as 1xAA gets currently.

weez82

Enlightened
4Sevens Quark line is amazing. I have a Quark 123^2 and love it. Worth looking into :) . Zebralight looks good too. Looks like it has a UI you would like. goingprepared on youtube has overviews and beamshots of most of the Zebralights.

RiverRatMatt

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a Quark 123^2, but keep suggestions coming :]
I may be convinced to get more >.>