H600 was slated for release Friday.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
So, ZL was showing the 22nd as release date. Anyone have one coming for review?

I'm chomping at the bit but my current issues (and expenditures on return shipping) with my TK70 are keeping me from ordering right now.

Sent via HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
Agreed with the above. These hard rwlease dates that they never seem to meet is only bad for them IMHO.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Hello,

ZL website:
Pre-order. estimated shipping date: Oct 31, 2011

GP

Hmm, that had to have changed on the date of release. Thursday night it was still showing Friday as the release date.

Sent via HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
The way I've come to interpret the information on the ZebraLight Partial List of Future Products is that the "Date" column for these is just a projected release date and not a hard release date. I'd much rather see a projected release date that gets slipped than see nothing at all and I'm glad that ZL has chosen to at least share projected release dates via the website.

I think as long as we understand that any of those projected dates for new releases might get slipped, we can adjust our expectations accordingly. I preordered the H600 and I guess it'll get here when it gets here.

BirdofPrey, I think you're right that the new date was changed at the last minute. Hopefully, this latest date won't have to be slipped...but since the date was moved only about 10 days, it makes me think we're awfully close to seeing these things start to ship.

Zenbaas

Newly Enlightened
On the subject of Zebralight pissing off their costumers - what the f..k happened to the Q50 that was supposed to be already in some people's hands :thumbsdow

It's very poor form from them IMHO. They seem to have missed their last few deadlines and just keep on moving things along. Don't specify times if you can't stick to them. I also wonder if we will see any NW XML lights this year :/

EDIT: People can also be very forgiving if you communicate problems to them in advance or at least explain what is going on. Communication with your customers is key.

Last edited:

edc3

Enlightened
I think you are very impatient...

I agree. I would MUCH rather have a release date given - even if it's not met. All the whining about release dates contributed to 4Sevens clamming up about new releases. I can't imagine they're holding the release just to **** people off - there's a reason and one we don't know about. IMO, unless you're deploying or going on a trip and really NEED the light, it's just not that big a deal.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you are very impatient...

+1

Just chill...

ZL isn't like other companies that take shortcuts to meet ship dates. I'd rather wait an extra week or two and know that the product they'll be providing wasn't rushed to market, and is less likely to have bugs or defects as a result.

Same thing for the neutral versions of their lights... I'd rather wait a while longer so they can get the emitter tint they want than have to deal with the tint lottery crap-shoot of other companies, like 4Sevens... :whistle:

KingPro500

Newly Enlightened
You Get crazy because of a 10 day delay? My guess is that you have never waited for anything from Sony. Relax.

Zebralight makes Great products and they are good guys with excellent service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pblanch

Enlightened
I agree take your time and get the product right.

I like the fact that they have released their information on future products. That way I can see whats in the pipe line and not spend even more money on other products from other companies (and be disappointed that a ZL product comes out a month later with better run time and brighter)

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree take your time and get the product right.

I like the fact that they have released their information on future products. That way I can see whats in the pipe line and not spend even more money on other products from other companies (and be disappointed that a ZL product comes out a month later with better run time and brighter)

+1!

In the LED flashlights forum, the ZL representative who posts here (I think it's George, the guy who started the company, but not sure), said there would be either a warm or high CRI version of the SC80 available in a couple of weeks. :D That's very useful to me, because I was planning on getting an SC51c, but now I'll hold off and wait for the SC80c (or W model). In fact, I'm planning on buying two of them! :D