HDS Rotary beam

Snake62

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I just bought an HDS Rotary and there is a donut hole in the beam. Is that beam profile normal? beside this, i am very happy about it!

Thanks

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember reading about a dicussion regarding the donut hole somewhere when I was considering buying one. Maybe it's burried in the HDS Systems EDC #15 thread, but can't be sure.

Good Luck! Oh, I hope you get a few responses, because I'm still considering a Rotary someday!

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has a minor donut hole at extremely close distances but it is gone at 4-5 inches. It is normal for lights to have this at close distances, it has not affected the usage of my rotary or my other lights.

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Ya its totally normal. Its just a feature of many xpg emitters. Its pretty obvious to see if you put a waterbottle cap on it. It also vanishes after about 5 inches.

IMG_20111023_193032.jpg

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
it just means 'show us some visual proof'.
Not to imply that pics prove that it Did happen.
Just asking for a picture.

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Well I am pretty sure that anyone who actually has a Rotary knows that its fairly common. Or anyone who owns an XPG light understands this phenomenon. My E1B has it, my E1L has it, my M61, M61L, M61 hi cri, Quark Turbo, etc.... All of my XPG lights have it. Visual proof not necessary. If you know what you are talking about.

jalal20

Enlightened
that donut hole is a must in almost any flashlight when u put it that close to the wall or table, the donut hole would be a problem when u see it on a wall a few feet away

Snake62

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everybody!

I just wanted to be sure about this...Like i said, I am very happy about this light. Sorry for the pic. missing. I will have to learn how to post it...

Latest posts