Is the M6LT growing longer?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire product image:

2an4ox.png

A dealer's photo:

2ijtgus.jpg

Count the rings immediately behind the head. I've seen it both ways I.R.L. photos. Weird huh?

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your right, its grown by one ring
My M6LT looks exactly like the one in the dealer's photo

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess it'll be better for heat dissipation anyway.

Liking it so far? Before you picked this one up, I assume you already had one of their new 3 cell turbo LED's, or did you actually choose the M6LT over the M3LT &/or UB3T?

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer the form factor of the M6 and M6LT over the slimmer 3 cell turbos
Feels better in my hand.

Makes a nice thrower, in fact this is now the only dedicated LED thrower in my collection.

If I was to criticize the M6LT, it really needs a second lower level. I find that I dont need
800 lumens all the time. A L1 type two stage tailcap would be great

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feels better in my hand.

Makes a nice thrower, in fact this is now the only dedicated LED thrower in my collection.

If I was to criticize the M6LT, it really needs a second lower level. I find that I dont need
800 lumens all the time. A L1 type two stage tailcap would be great

Didn't you have an M3LT (or was it the invictus) first? I'd be surprised if very many around here choose the m6lt over either of those because of its 1 mode, but that actually appeals to me. And the form factor is a huge selling point over those as well. Thanks for the fb.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping tab666 finds this thread. He preordered one of the first M6LT's, & I'm wondering which he has. I've seen real life shots both ways on ebay. Wonder if it corresponds to 800 vs. 900l, or if that was purely a rating change? Also noticing m6lt street prices are (edit: dropping). It must not be moving very well. Even with one mode, I expected to see more of these in CPF hands!

Feels better in my hand.

Didn't you have an M3LT (or was it the invictus) first?

Wait, you ordered then canceled the invictus before you actually got it, right (so never got to try it out to compare)?

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, never was interested in the Invictus. I just do not like the "plunger" form factor.

I wonder if SF will ever incorporate the Invictus head on a M6 body ?

Size15's

Flashaholic
No, never was interested in the Invictus. I just do not like the "plunger" form factor.

I wonder if SF will ever incorporate the Invictus head on a M6 body ?

I see the M6 has a problem when it comes to playing host to "advanced" features such as LED bezels and "two-stage" TailCaps:
The M6's problem is it's incandescent legacy.

The body has volume/length forward of the battery compartment to accommodate the incandescent Lamp Assembly and it's shock isolation system.
A new body designed specifically for LED bezels would be shorter; obviously shorter. And it would allow the LED bezel to be obviously shorter too.

The TailCap could be a 4FTC but there are signal path issues with the MB20 I think. And as the M6LT is now it would make it even longer (I've seen a Clickie TailCap prototype for the M6 and it was too long).

Best we can hope for our M6 flashlights is a single-output LED bezel to replace the incandescent bezel. Not that we should trust such things but the vibe is that the KX9T bezel is coming once the M6LT orders are filled.

I'd much prefer SureFire concentrate on releasing the UDR though.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about if SF scaled up the L1 two stage tailcap for the M6LT
I would have the perfect M6LT then .....wishful thinking :D

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping tab666 finds this thread. He preordered one of the first M6LT's, & I'm wondering which he has. I've seen real life shots both ways on ebay. Wonder if it corresponds to 800 vs. 900l, or if that was purely a rating change? Also noticing m6lt street prices are (edit: dropping). It must not be moving very well. Even with one mode, I expected to see more of these in CPF hands!

Has anyone bought one of these lately that looks like the first pic? THat's the one i see listed by retailers most of the time, probably because it's just the stock sf photo, but someone just reminded me of this little anomaly.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
im repling to your thread a year later leon!! when i preorder my M6LT the photo shown was the first picture. also the output claim would that it would be 800 lumens. when the light arrived the box was claiming 900 lumens and..... drumroll..... it had the extra ring of length.
its just the head to blame, i imagine that if you compaired a 400L M3LT with a newer 800L M3LT youd see that extra lenght as well. implying the first M6LT photo was a proto.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
just checked, and the M3LT photos are the same way. most of the dealer photos show just 5 rings when it has 6 now. found the going gear video reviews of the 400 lumen model and it has 5 rings. in his outdoor beamshot video he made after the 800L model came out it has 6 rings.

edit: guess it goes to show that they cant just slap another LED in there after all.

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
So most likely all production m6lt's had the extra ring.

Thanks for the info!

ugrey

Enlightened
I have 2 M6s and I am dying to get replacement KX9T heads for them. Please Surefire, help me out here, before I go buy somebody elses high output light! I had a bump in the night last night at 2AM. I sure would like to have had 900 lumens instead of 500. HELP!

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 M6s and I am dying to get replacement KX9T heads for them. Please Surefire, help me out here, before I go buy somebody elses high output light! I had a bump in the night last night at 2AM. I sure would like to have had 900 lumens instead of 500. HELP!
hope they do for your sake, but if you found 500l lacking, you might want to make a bigger step up in output anyway.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey the KX9T sold separately, looks like the shorter version. Of course they could still be using prototype photos, which is not very nice imo. Even if no one really cares about visual proportion in a tactical tool light like this.

The good news is they're up, the bad news is these kx9t's split the difference between 500 & 900l for some reason.

carrot

Flashaholic

If you don't mind going the third party route, Lumens Factory has their Seraph XM-L Turbohead which they claim can do 1000 lumens. Lumens Factory used to get a lot of love around here for those looking to retrofit their older Surefires to more modern outputs.