Nice floody 1xaa

nickdolin

Newly Enlightened
After using my E05 and really being impressed with the beam and just how useful it is (I have an MC-E JetBeam if I really need throw...along with a Stanley HID..lol) I want a brighter flood light as the 27 Lm is nice but I'd like more...(don't we all) but perhaps in a 1Xaa format. I know that in this form factor and such it'll likely be a twisty but I'd prefer no more than 2-3 modes and a price under $40ish and neutral would be kick butt but I know I can't have it all. At this point I'm open to most any recommendation.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps Xeno E03 (XM-L T5 Neutral White). Seems you can have it all afterall.

nickdolin

Newly Enlightened
Humm... I'll have to check that out... I saw they were reviewed pretty well... I have a Romisen on the way that should be near a 4000K output... I'm tempted to buy an outright Warm...and since they offer the warm in an XM-L format I may pull the trigger after I see how well I like the warmer output of the Romisen. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC51 is very floody. Not exactly like the EO5, but you'd be mighty impressed by how big the hotspot is and how well it fades into the spill area of the beam. Plus it delivers 200 lumens from a single AA.

AutoTech

Enlightened
+1 on the xeno xm-l

Very floody little light. Doesn't go really low though, if that bothers you.

Certainly in budget and available in different tints too.

Last edited:

davecroft

Enlightened
+1 on Zebralight - made for flood but the UI might not suit. I have held off so far on the Xeno as it seems to do better on Li-ions than AA (from what I have read on CPF). It works on AA just not as much of a 'wow' factor as with Li-ion I think.

The Fenix E11 might be worth a look. Simple 2 mode clicky, high just over 100 lumens, second mode is a usefully bright 30 -odd lumens. And it's cheap! If you are a beam freak though you might be disappointed, but for general use it is ok and very solid. I find I use mine more than I thought I would.

davecroft

Enlightened
Don't know how I forgot the LD15. Smaller, lighter and brighter on max than the E11. Nice looking light too. I find the low less useful for me (a bit too dim - I'm not a member of the moonlight lover's club!), but well worth a look. In my opinion not quite as floody as the E11 though.

dheim

Newly Enlightened
zebralight sc51f!
pure floody beam (frosted glass) and 200 lum output... it should be perfect!

windsurf

Newly Enlightened
Perhaps Xeno E03 (XM-L T5 Neutral White). Seems you can have it all afterall.
+1 on the NW. So impressed by the E03 XM-L NW tint, that I ordered a second one. Will power one with an Eneloop for the regular modes and one with 14500 for lighting up the whole yard.