Another M3 Question

dm_graham308

Newly Enlightened
I've had my M3 on my M4 for about 4 years now and I'm now moving on to smaller/lighter/better options. So now I have my M3 sitting in my flashlight box (which is full of my surefire gifts from the military). I've been looking for a long time now about all of the options for modifying the light to make it brighter through replacement LED towers to fully assmbled replacement heads. I'd like to keep the standard surefire 123's rolling through it cause the army gives them out like candy...and i really like candy...

-My ultimate goal is to make it brighter than my bored out 6P running a Thrunite P60L Style CREE XML dropin powered by a 3.0 amp 18650.

Current Setup:
Light: M3 w/ original finned/straight sided head design
Lamp: Veleno Designs M3 series Neutral White LED Drop-In Single Mode
Batteries: 3xCR123a (Surefire)

What is the birghtest LED head/lamp setup that I can use with the M3 and still have decent runtimes? I read a lot about the Lumens Factory heads, but they seem to be more geared toward the M6, unless I'm missing something. Are the Nailbender D36 dropins or the TNVC heads my best options and which has the best combination of reliability and light output?

Thanks​

Latest posts