ThruNite TN11 and it's liitle Brother SWM's V10R ....

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
... are two of my newest favorite (work tool) thing's! ... :thumbsup:

CIMG1979resized.jpg

CIMG1981.jpg

Btw, the pocket clip from my G5 works great on the V10R!

Oh and one "VIP" just for keeps!

CIMG1985.jpg

CIMG1986.jpg

Last edited:

AutoTech

Enlightened
Funnily enough they're the last two lights I bought, although got the titanium v10r.

TN11 is amazing, but I think the v10r is my favourite of all my lights.

How low does your v10r go? I was thinking about getting an anodised v10r but I saw a video and it didn't go very low. My ti one goes so low it's almost off.

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funnily enough they're the last two lights I bought, although got the titanium v10r.

TN11 is amazing, but I think the v10r is my favourite of all my lights.

How low does your v10r go? I was thinking about getting an anodised v10r but I saw a video and it didn't go very low. My ti one goes so low it's alost off.

I guess they do differ from light to light, cause my V10R does the same as your Ti! And yeah that TN11, man does that light make me SMILE!

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Btw TurboBB, you're ... :devil:!

Just kidding, wanted to say thanks for pushing me over the edge with your TN11 review! As well as braving it at that underpass to take those beam shots! ... :thumbsup:

varmint

Enlightened
Well what do you think of it? AZ? I like mine (TN11) more every time I use it, I am still on my 1st battery charge! I am using 1x18650 AWcell. So far fog & rain and lots of dark nights it worked very good, I am very pleased with it. They are sure hard to come by here in the USA, its worth every penny I spent for it.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well what do you think of it? AZ? I like mine (TN11) more every time I use it, I am still on my 1st battery charge! I am using 1x18650 AWcell. So far fog & rain and lots of dark nights it worked very good, I am very pleased with it. They are sure hard to come by here in the USA, its worth every penny I spent for it.

Great to hear you're enjoying your TN11 and yes, I agree that it's worth every cent! I like it so much that two of my rotation lights went into their respective boxes this morning. It's not perfect (could use a little tweeking), but it's that good! Like youself, I'll use the TN11 in it's short profile with an 18650.

I bet as soon as the U.S. retailer's get's their hands on this light, they'll have a hard time keeping the TN11 in-stock!

If I only found this light a few weeks earlier before spending $175.00 plus bucks on a light (including batteries and charger) that I can't sell since it looks so bad! If I did however, I'd loose too much money so it'll sit in it's box (with it's batteries and charger to keep it company)! Btw, it's not so much the money spent, but the disappointment of owning a product that can look 10 years old after only a few weeks of ownership! The response I recived when I spoke to the manufacturer didn't help as well!

Before someone asks what tweeks? IMO, ....;

* ThurNite should round out the machining of the cuts on the body on future production runs. I would also remove the cuts on the body and tail cap, keep it clean by just knurling the body and leave the tail cap smooth.

* It could use an OP reflector to eliminate the slight donut hole in the beam (I don't think and OP reflector would effect the throw too much). However the beam's profile is so bright, it's not a concern, just a personal preference (this is what I switched out on the G5). If they don't make one available, it's not a big deal!

* A spacer would be nice for folks like me who remove the cigar ring. But I did find a down and dirty fix by using x2 15/16" thick o-rings which actually works very well in not only cleaning the gap, but to help while using the light as well.

So the only area in question is it's long term reliability!

Last edited:

AutoTech

Enlightened
Have to agree about the machining, you could cut yourself on mine if you tried hard enough.

I removed the cigar grip ring on mine and fitted one from my solar force l2t, it's a lot nicer in rubber with a smaller profile too. The stock cigar grip ring is not the most comfortable thing!