Too Big For An EDC?

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
Right now I'm using a Fenix PD32 as an EDC.

Looking for a bit more light and flood so I was considering the Fenix TK35. This light looks like it could still fit comfortably in a front pocket?

jalal20

Enlightened
unless ur wearing one of those military pants with big pockets then its way too big to be put in a front pocket

azzid

Newly Enlightened
The size of an edc light is always up to the user and the kind of clothes he/she wears on a daily basis(even bags or pouches). Before, I edc mostly 1xaa lights but I suddenly jumped into the 18650/2xcr123 lights. Some maybe a bit uncomfortable with a c2 sized light but I find it easy to edc even with a non-loose type of jeans. Don't have any idea on how big the tk35 really is, you can however edc most single 18650 throwers(tk35 sized I assume) if your using a cargo style pants.

yifu

Enlightened
It depends on what type of pants you have, but i dont think it will fit in a normal pair of jeans. If you want lights that smaller and have similar output, you can take a look at the Thrunite Scorpions/TN11/12/10 or like the Zebralight SC600. All of them are smaller, have similar output as the TK35 but has less throw as well, except the Scorpion with Turbo head.

bstrickler

Enlightened
I carry a Surefire U2 in my regular jeans, and it doesn't get that annoying (other than when I'm working)

Last edited:

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing I found with the TK35 is you will find it to be too heavy in your pants pocket for EDC. It's like a big pocket full of coins. Annoying.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
6" x 1.5" is about my limit, to forget it's there. A 2" head is going to be pushing it, unless you have cargo pockets, or a jacket pocket.

Keychain? Lanyard around the neck?

RTTR

Newly Enlightened
I EDC a 1kW ARC tank light. Hehe, if I could I would.. But either way the TK32 would definitely be too big for EDC for me, but like azzid said it has to do with the specific user.

My limit is a 1" diameter (+/- a little) x 5" long or a tad more... Which is on line with your PD32.. I carry a Surefire LX2 on my belt holster. Previously carried a Quark 123-2 Tactical which was a tiny bit smaller than the LX2.

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carrying the TK35 would be like having a full can of coke in your front pocket - not at all practical even though it would fit - This one is for coat carry or in a bag - even in a holster it's too big. The body may be flat enough but the head is quite large.

Great light BTW. No complaints there.

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
The PD32 fits easily with a pocket clip in my jeans and I can just toss it in dress pants or cargo pants. I think im lucky I started with the 18650 size instead of AA or AAA size because I would definitely have moved up. I think the PD32 is also a bit shorter and narrower than most single 18650 lights.

its hard to tell by the pics but i agree with the last poster that a holster would be required for the TK35

Latest posts