• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD -6V McGizmo Haiku Hi-CRI (Nichia 119) Head only, for Haiku XM-L 6V Head

gjg

Enlightened
Hello All:
I have an uncarried, great condition 6V Haiku head high CRI with the Nichia 119 emitter. Great setup, but it just doesn't get the use I thought it would :eek:, my Mule with the 119 gets all the love:grin2:. SO - off she goes to a good family... Would prefer a 6V Haiku head in similar condition with a XM-L emitter, and I could add some $$. MAY also consider an Haiku 6V XP-G cool or neutral white, and would DEFINITELY like one that Don tweaked to run at a higher current. One other thing I'd consider is a 6v Makai head running a XM-L, and I would kick in a bit more cash, obviously. Then light is now running a 2 x AA setup with 14500's. May consider trading the entire light - but preferably for other McG's. Let me know what you have as trade bait, but my first choice is just a head swap. Will also sell the head for $250 $240$225 $215 $210 SOLD shipped insured, CONUS only, PP gift or USPS MO, regular PP please add 3%.
Thanks,
Greg

PS - A SunDrop with an XM-L would work too...:thumbsup:

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Re: FT - 6V McGizmo Haiku Hi-CRI (Nichia 119) Head only, for Haiku XM-L 6V Head or ??

Conveniently enough, I have a 6V Haiku XP-G head that was sent back to Don to be recalibrated, and is now individually tested and confirmed to output 1000mA to the emitter on the high setting. However, I'm rather looking to sell it instead of trade it, because I have two Haikus already.

gjg

Enlightened
FS - 6V McGizmo Haiku Hi-CRI (Nichia 119) Head only, for $245!!

I will also sell the head only for $250 $245 shipped USPS priority insured, and only been used to take a few Pictures indoors!!:) $285 + shipping new, so 50 bucks savings!
gg

Last edited:

gjg

Enlightened
Re: FS - 6V McGizmo Haiku Hi-CRI (Nichia 119) Head only, for $240!!

I will also sell the head only for $250 $245 $240 shipped USPS priority insured, and only been used to take a few Pictures indoors!! Still would rather find a trade...
gg

JMP

Enlightened

If this was the 3v I'd be all over it!

Edit: Want to sell the head sans LE. Or does anyone want to split this?

Last edited:

gjg

Enlightened

If this was the 3v I'd be all over it!
Yeah, I had a 3V high CRI, but swapped it with a guy who mistakenly bought a 6V (since I had an extra 6v body), just as a favor for a fellow CPF'er. That trade is not working out too well right now, though:ohgeez:.
gg

JMP

Enlightened

That was me huh? Sorry.

gjg

Enlightened

That was me huh? Sorry.

JMP - I do not remember WHO it was!!! I was just commenting that it's harder to sell or trade the 6V than it would be a 3V, there are a TON more 3V bodies out there. I didn't mean to offend anybody. I'ts a great light, I'd keep it if I had the cash to just buy a XM-L Haiku or Makai head. I probably shouldn't post while tired...:ohgeez:
gg

gjg

Enlightened
Re: FT/FS -6V McGizmo Haiku Hi-CRI (Nich9ia 11) Head only, for Haiku XM-L 6V Head or

:bumpit::bumpit: With price Drop... $225
gg

gjg

Enlightened
Re: FT/FS -6V McGizmo Haiku Hi-CRI (Nich9ia 11) Head only, for Haiku XM-L 6V Head or

:bumpit::bumpit: With another price Drop... $215
gg

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man, what a deal. I cannot believe this is still sitting here!! You could buy a 1x123 McClicky Pak from Don for $170 and it should work fine with 3.7V - a 2x123 McClicky from Don for $230 and have a full 6V Haiku high CRI - or a Fivemega SS 1x18650 body and use this with 2 18350 for incredible run time - that body is what, $70? Or a $urefire "E" series body? Such flexibility. And this is one of my favorite lights - I use mine most of the time as an EDC. Sure, the lumen rating is lower than today's flame throwers, but the beam and tint (or lack of tint) is SOOO nice, and it has plenty of output!

If I didn't have one already, I would have snapped this up 2 price reductions ago. As it is, for $215 I am beginning to weaken! Someone PLEASE grab this absolute steal!

Bump for a great deal.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

If this will run on 1 RCR 123 cell I will take it. Would be great if you could post the upper and lower operating voltage. I tried searching through the threads but am sure I overlooked it somewhere.

I need to quit reading Dan's posts as he is always spot on with his assessment of lights and usually costs me money. LOL !!!!

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned

Highest operating voltage is 9V as I recall, but the highest you'll get with 2xRCR is 8.4V unless one of the cells was dangerously overcharged. I don't know what the lowest operating voltage is, but on a single cell you'll start to see diminished performance once the cell voltage drops below the emitter's Vf of 3.7V. It will likely still work for a while after that, though, because I have unregulated lights that will run RCR cells down until the discharge cutoff circuit kicks in.

As Dan said, there are lots of options for 2-cell battery tubes if you want full performance from this head. One he didn't mention, but is just as valid, is a Surefire E2 battery tube. Solarforce may have something similar; I'm not up on their latest offerings.

Last edited:

gjg

Enlightened

Thanks, Dan and fyrstormer. I have the same info - 9v max, nothing on a minimum. I tried the head with a fully charged RCR123, and could not see any visual beam difference vs 8.2v (or so). Thant being said, I'd definitely keep my battery topped if running one RCR123. It sticks in my mind that Don doesn't recommend less than 4.0v, but I couldn't find anything in print, either.
Greg

PS - that was the last price drop, too nice of a light to take more of a beating on.

gjg

Enlightened

:bumpit::bumpit: With LAST price Drop - $210. Will definitely consider a complete light swap for a 3V McG of some variety, shoot me a PM with any ideas. This is a 2 x AA tube, like new! More Ti goodness in a form that is less pocketable, but nicer for walks or extended use - LOTS of runtime with the Nichia head and two 14500's.
Thanks again,
Greg

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take it if it is still available . . . curse you sleep. . . didn't see this earlier because I needed sleep. D'OH.

Please disregard my PM - I'm happy to see smarkum get it! Great grab Shelby! You'll love it.

gjg

Enlightened

Sold to Smarkum. You will like - if I didn't use my High-CRI Mule so much, the Haiku wouldn't have been for sale!
Thanks,
Greg

Now - anybody have a 6v XM-L Haiku or Makai head they want to sell?:naughty:

Last edited: