• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired The Ultimate Tailcap Switch, the FETtie, for Z41 and variants.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
How did I miss this post?! Looking forward to this so much!

edit: how in the world did my post show up before the OP?????

Happy to say that last night I clicked on the very first FETtie in a forward fashion!

It will be another 2 weeks or so until I've completed a production run of them, but everything is looking good.

Last edited:

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
Finally now available on it's own. These have been selling along with my 1765 Lumen OTF P60 drop-ins for some time, and I have had loads of loads of requests for them on their own, I just haven't had the machinery to be able to keep up with demand, but not any longer!

Order as many as you like, I've invested in some new equipment so I can now build these in a more reasonable amount of time. Still a lot of hand made TLC into each one though.

813a8111.jpg

Depending on the type of regulation used in the driver of your light, the FETtie will either increase your runtime, provide more output, or most often both. No mechanical switch can match the extremely low 0.0034 ohm resistance of the FETtie.

How does it work?

The FETtie uses a solid state semiconductor, a MOSFET. Essentially a relay, with no moving parts, which is turned on by the clicky switch. The Clicky switch itself only conducts 100 nanoamps, that's 0.0000001A, to activate the semiconductor. This means the clicking mechanism will last nearly forever, as the electrodes will not wear from arcing. Mechanically each switch is rated for 50,000 cycles, which means you could click the switch 10 times a day for over 13 years, at which point it can be cheaply and easily replaced.

The FETtie uses a small coin battery, 1216 size. You do not need to worry about this battery becoming depleated however. It's like the battery in a watch, it will last for years. Even being left on, the switch will draw less current from the coin cell than it's self discharge rate.

Specifications:

Current - 25A+

Voltage - 12V MAX (20V available for $10 more if needed)

0.0034 ohm Rds(on) MOSFET resistance

Beryllium copper spring(95% more conductive than spring steel), Pure silver plated for extra conductivity, 24K gold plated contact area.

Gold plated contacts from the FETtie to host.

Threaded brass body acts as heatsink for MOSFET in high amperage applications.

Panasonic 1216 coin cell included

"Reverse" Clicky operation.

Here are some graphs comparing FETtie performance to a McClicky switch with various cells using my 4.2A Quad drop-in. These results would be compounded with higher current.

8504a666.jpg

0012ab67.jpg

7fd7559f.jpg

Payment and Shipping

$48 each (includes 1 boot, black, orange or GITD green)

extra boot $0.75 each

USA/Canada shipping $10 up to 10 switches (PM if you need more)

International shipping $15 up to 10 switches (PM if you need more)

USA/Canada Expediated Tracked and Insured shipping $25 up to 10 switches (PM if you need more)

Paypal:
a69a3ddf.jpg

Last edited:

dbleznak

Enlightened
Great news!!!! You are a great seller with top quality products. My quad just rocks !!! And now I don't have to worry that a new fetie may not be available. Thanks Jessie.

Inkidu

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:
1 FETtie $48
1 black included
1 orange $0.75
1 GITD $0.75
shipping $10

Total $59.50

I don't need this switch.
I just want the best one made.
Thanks for offering this.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Jessie,
I'd like a switch please. Black boot only. Regular USA shipping. Would it be possible for you to throw in a Q-Tip with some more Arctic? I've had to move the 5.6A Copper to a different host and so the paste layer is not complete anymore.
Wilkey

elnino

Enlightened
Paypal sent for (1) FETtie switch, (1) black and (1) GITD boot. Thanks!

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got 4 of these - they are great. Two are on my quads, and one is on my M2-50 (Oveready). I can also attest to the high temperature cutoff on VanIsleDSM'd quad drop-ins as I had the light in a holster (open bottom) and turned on the light (owwww). No damage done, but started to lock out my tail cap more often.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forgive my ignorance, but will these switches fit anything that a Mcclicky will fit???

Most Surefire 6P type switches can house a McClicky. So, there are some E-series hosts that take McClickies and I was wondering if those might work there too.

Thank you,

bigC

Inkidu

Newly Enlightened
Forgive my ignorance, but will these switches fit anything that a Mcclicky will fit???

Most Surefire 6P type switches can house a McClicky. So, there are some E-series hosts that take McClickies and I was wondering if those might work there too.

Thank you,

bigC
I don't know if this will help but post #3 show a go pic of a FETtie and a McClicky side by side.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if this will help but post #3 show a go pic of a FETtie and a McClicky side by side.

Feel more than free to correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the e-series McClicky is the black inner plastic part - the C/P/Z series McClicky has the brass (?) piece that the (e-series) McClicky it screws into so that it fits the larger diameter tailcap. The FETtie is only the larger diameter. No real advantage putting a FETtie into an e0-series light as there aren't that many high drain applications there (although I have seen a few triples).

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you,

bigC

The FETtie will not fit anything E-series as it is much larger in diameter.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feel more than free to correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the e-series McClicky is the black inner plastic part - the C/P/Z series McClicky has the brass (?) piece that the (e-series) McClicky it screws into so that it fits the larger diameter tailcap. The FETtie is only the larger diameter. No real advantage putting a FETtie into an e0-series light as there aren't that many high drain applications there (although I have seen a few triples).

You are correct, the brass ring is not part of the McClicky but it is on the FETtie. The brass ring is only needed to install a McClicky in a Surefire C-series or similar style tailcap. That pic was to show the difference is length.
A McClicky switch has E series threads, FETtie has C series thread.

Inkidu

Newly Enlightened
A solorforce S-9 switch next to a McClicky without its brass ring.
FETtie002.jpg

Inkidu

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:
1 FETtie $48
1 black included
1 orange $0.75
1 GITD $0.75
shipping $10

Total $59.50

I don't need this switch.
I just want the best one made.
Thanks for offering this.

Recieved FETtie thanks.
An easy install into my Solarforce S-7.
Once I get my S-9 back from being Cerakoted I hope to make the FETtie work with it i.e. there is a smaller switch space.
Thanks again and good luck with sales.

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
Looks like a nice switch im wondering how it fits in some different tails caps like some of the solarforce ones. I noticed with a mcClicky in the s7 you get more of a gap to the body so wouldnt this be worse since it is thicker? Anyone try on some others like the S9?

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Jesse,
I'm back for another. Black boot only. Regular USA shipping.
PP sent: Unique Transaction ID # 27X21131N6735270G
Wilkey

sadtimes

Enlightened
Any chance there would/could be a forward clicky version of this?

Last edited:

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
I am working on a forward clicky version I'm hoping to have ready by the end of February.

FETtie shouldn't be any thicker than McClicky with adapter, maybe slightly if you have a low-pro adapter, but it should be about the same.