Led Lenser L6 - any comments?

norfdet

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased a Led Lenser L6 and have been extremely pleased with the performance. It boasts that the lumens are 95 but compared to my Pelican 7060, it seems almost as bright. I don't too many reviews if any on the actual light so I ended up here looking to see if anyone else has one of these lights and what they think about it. I am an LEO and this light is handy for a duty belt because it's light weight and smaller than carrying the Pelican. If anyone else has any experience with these lights, I would appreciate any comments you would share.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not on LED-Lenser's new site, so I think the L6 is an older model. It uses an optic, which is why it seems to be brighter in spot mode (there is almost no side spill). The Pelican 7060 definately has more output, and the battery will last longer.

I have the P5R and M7R, and unfortunately, I don't think they are suitable for duty. I would stick with the 7060.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED Lenser L6 I would use for a backup light. There are many better brands out there for law enforcement duty carry. Much more light output, and more durable. Lumens in the 400-500 range.

jupello

Enlightened
It's not on LED-Lenser's new site, so I think the L6 is an older model.

No, the L-series (Lightweight) is pretty new. They seem to be cheaper versions of the P-series lights with polycarbonate bodies to make them weight less.

shark_za

Enlightened
Actually the L6 would be one of the better Led Lensers for duty use.
It uses 2x AA cells so its better than any multi AAA setup and the direct drive leaves nothing to really go wrong.

The switch is not a clicky, its a momentary twisty and these are of the most reliable designs out there.

So the only thing going against it is lowish output, but hey we used to swear by 65 lumens for tactical use for many years in the 90's.

I have one in my car now, its chunky for a 2xAA but it was cheap and looks bombproof.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
That L6 has me interested.... I purchased the LL L4 recently for $9 and at only 22 lumens it is pretty decent in output and the batteries last forever in it. I think it will be a good candidate for a glovebox light.

PerttiK

Enlightened
IIRC the L series uses cree XP-C that only goes up to Q4 flux bin, so they're not all that efficient but on the plus side all the XP-C's I've seen so far have quite nice tint.