Larger angle lights

yowzer

Enlightened
There are a number of good small, single-cell angle lights on the market (Zebralight H series, Fenix MC11, Sunwayman L10 series). Are there any good, regulated, ones with a fairly modern emitter that take 2 or more batteries? The only ones in that form that I'm aware of are direct drive lights like Pelican's Little Ed that I wouldn't be surprised to learn still use lux 3's.

yowzer

Enlightened
Streamlight advertises that their Sidewider and Knucklhead lights are regulated, but use a marketdroid 'C4' designation for whatever LED they actually use. Both lights sound interesting.

Surely there's more choices?

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any standard 4Sevens Quark (no turbo or mini) plus one of these. That gives you 2xCR123 or 2xAA options, plus choice of two UIs. Not perfect, but an option.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently purchased a Streamlight Polytac 90. It is a right angle LED flashlight, powered by two CR123A batteries.

There are 3 modes: 170 lumens, 17 lumens, and disorienting strobe.

The Polytac 90's 170 lumen mode throws almost as far as my 200 lumen Inova T4 and has even better spill.

The top mounted pushbutton is a short travel "mouse type" switch and provides momentary operation. Switching among modes is a bit tricky because you must get the timing right: one click for high, double click for strobe, and triple click for low.

The pocket clip is removable and can rotate 360 degrees around the battery tube. The clip seems to be made of non-magnetic stainless steel, painted black.

Last edited: