What's the correct terminology for the 'right angle' lights?

DamnYankee

Newly Enlightened
I've seen a couple in some of the videos I watched, but forget the term.

Are any of them in the $40 range?

GunnarGG

Enlightened

Harry999

Enlightened
I am a big fan of the MC11. I only purchased one a month ago and instantly purchased a second so I have one for work and one for home. Is is an incredibly versatile light and I like it as much as my Zebralights. I am thinking of purchasing a third MC11 in a few days as a spare! That is how much I like it.

Thanks guys.

I like that one, but can't find any reviews on CPF about it. I'll check out the You Tube videos and go from there I guess. One of these would really fit the bill.

DamnYankee

Newly Enlightened
I don't have one myself so I can't say to much.
If there was a neutral white option I would probably get it.

There are some threads about it if you search (there is more than this also):

Ihttp://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?313504-*new*-Fenix-MC11
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?315755-Fenix-MC11
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?323292-New-Fenix-MC11-review-pictures-amp-video

Thank you for the links. I only searched in the "Reviews" section. I'll check those out.

I am a big fan of the MC11. I only purchased one a month ago and instantly purchased a second so I have one for work and one for home. Is is an incredibly versatile light and I like it as much as my Zebralights. I am thinking of purchasing a third MC11 in a few days as a spare! That is how much I like it.

I'm glad to hear you like it, I'm heavily leaning toward it due to the angled head. Do you by chance have any pictures of it lighting up a room?

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have the older MC10 model, and find it very useful. works as a hand held light, desk light, ive clipped it onto my belt, pocket and shirt collar for hands free use.
the beam was too throwy for my preference, i fixed that by sticking a diffusor film on it.

its not perfect though.... brightness spaced between the 3 modes could be better, switch could be better, and UI could be better. and its alittle bulky for a single AA light.

good points.... use a single AA, clip works well, angle head works great, price.

tolkaze

Enlightened
I remember when the MC10 was coming out, they had a competition for naming the light. Since this was a totally new format for Fenix, they were giving away a few big lights, a few MC10's and lots of EO1's.

One member here (forget who, sorry) suggested Aardvark as the name of the light, I think we got a lot of people entering that name. I entered it for sure with a description of how it is versatile, hard wearing or something.... also suggested Anglelight, because... well, it was an Angled Light... apparently lots of other people thought the same thing, because I think thats what won. I got an EO1 out of it so I'm happy.

anyways, back to the point... I like the MC10, but haven't actually bought one yet... everytime I go to get one, I get distracted and buy something else instead... hopefully I will get one eventually

DamnYankee

Newly Enlightened
I'm supposed to pick up a MC11 on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll submit a review for what it's worth.

Harry999

Enlightened
Apologies that I am unable to provide the beamshots requested. Only a poor camera phone which I never use.

To help you I will say that with the diffuser it provides a nice spread of light indoors. Pointed at the floor it is good for bathroom trips at night. I also use it for reading my kindle.

Sent from my smart phone using Tapatalk

DamnYankee

Newly Enlightened
Not a problem.....But, yikes...that kind of makes it sound like it has low light output.

Harry999

Enlightened
That is just with the diffuser. With the normal low beam it is plenty bright. Also I note that even with the diffuser it is nowhere the level of the low on my Zebralights! Don't worry - you will see what I mean.