searching for the perfect duty light

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been searching for my perfext duty light and in the last two weeks I have purchased
4-sevens 123x2 CR123 TACTICAL
O-Light M21X
Thrunite Scorpion (almost perfect)
Eagle Tac (forget model)
And today I just ordered the Klarus XT10, I think the Klarus will come closest.

I only work in uniform about 2% of my time so I also picked up the 4Sevens single AA tactical for undercover work.

I think the M21X is going to end up weapon mounted.
I also ordered a few of the AW 18650 batteries. Luckily I can use all this stuff as a tax deduction.
I am really excited about the Klarus and had I done better research I could have probably stopped there.

Oh well, guess I'll be the brightest guy in the department

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
One can never have enough light! ;) I have always had 4 or 5 lights that I carried as well.

astark

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like you got a pretty good duty collection going on there.

I'm thinking you could use a Malkoff Hound Dog XML as well now, and then .......

simplec6

Enlightened
Ehhh, I don't know about the M21 being a good weaponlight. If my life depended on my light on my duty AR, it'd certainly be thermally potted and in a shock-isolated bezel. I'd try a smaller host with an XML, with the most important part being a good momentary action on the light.

Edit: I see you're in TX, what PD if you don't mind sharing or general geographic area?

Last edited:

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if I would use it as a duty light or just a spare/Backup.
I have used a TLR-1 as a weapon mounted light but I would like something a bit brighter. I have mounted a Blackhawk Legacy with XML drop in on a gun and it seems to be decent. The clickie is exxcellent on it. I'm not sure how it can hold up to recoil on a 223/5.56

Metro Transit Police

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Do some googling, CPF only at the top of every page, and look at the recommended similar threads below your thread, one is appropriate.

Bill

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did receive my Klarus XT-10. This light is just abouy perfect as a belt carty duty light. I am running it with an AW 2900 mah 18650. I really like this light and it fits in an existing holster I had.

Latest posts