Surefire M3 questions

Deuce

Newly Enlightened
I did a search here and on the Surefire forum but I did not find a definite answer. Do M3's have a Pyrex lens or not? I found posts that said that they had been told they were being shipped with Pyrex but are they? Does anyone have one with a Pyrex lens?

I want a 9 volt Surefire. If the M3 is not Pyrex yet, I think I would rather have a C3 HA. Help!

Skyline

Enlightened
The M3 now has a Pyrex lens and dual o-rings at the tail cap. The early versions had a Lexan lens and a single o-ring at the tail cap. Here's an image of the Pyrex and Lexan bezels side by side (photo taken by Shelby).

/mel

M3ARandNonDuet02.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
You are right about the very early M3 having a Lexan lens, however, the Shelby's photo isn't one that compares Lexan to Pyrex, but rather one that compares Pyrex to the newer Pyrex lens which features an Anti-Reflective Coating and Tempered Pyrex.

AR coated Pyrex lenses make the inside look brighter or more importantly allow more light to get through the Pyrex. It's the one on the Right of the photo.

The Lexan lens was a "pop or snap fit" and didn't have the plastic ring screwed and glued on.

The M3 has been through Seven significant evolutions so far. I'm waiting for Gen 8 before I buy an M3...

Yes! The M3 lens is Pyrex.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
And full details of the Seven Significant Steps please !
Please ?
Al ?

Don't write another word about English weather C. 1407 till you have replied !

Breathless Anticipation,

Lite-Lover
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
They were evolutions mostly concerned with improving waterproofness. Changes to the o-ring engineering...

I've been told that because I want to use the M3 and M3T for diving, I should wait for a bit.

I have no details about what the next evolution of the M3 will actually look like. I think it's expected before the summer.
The aim is synchronise the design specs and style across the Millennium Series. Hence why the M2 got Pyrex, Shock Isolation and cooling fins. Hence why the TurboHead is getting Pyrex...

I believe SureFire want the Millennium Series to be waterproof. I think this also applies to the Millennium WeaponLights.

You know, this is a teaser from me. I wasn't asked not to release this info, but I think that if people want to have a waterproof M3, like me, they should be aware that an improved version of the M3 is coming soon. Maybe during the wait, we can save up for another 12B to power the thing!
grin.gif