Jet-I Pro V3 IBS Help

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I just got this today, it actually came new in the box. I wanted the XR-E R2 emitter.
When it arrived I turned it on and noticed my RRT-0 XR-E R2 which looks to have the same reflector and has the same emitter was much brighter.

So figured my Jet-I was on medium mode, despite the fact it says it has 3 modes. A B C, A by default is High, B Low, and C the warning light.

All it said I had to do was tap the tail cap lightly(not click) and well, nothing happens. In fact I can't get it into any mode and it doesn't change brightness.
I am using nearly brand new Eneloops. I have an RRT-0 XR-E rated the same brightness on an AA and it's much brighter then my brand new Jet-I pro.

What's going on? Am I missing something? I keep trying it out, can't get it to change brightness period.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Anyone maybe?

aau007

Enlightened
Maybe the 3 modes are programmed into the same brightness, at 50%. Try getting into the programming mode and see if the light will ramp.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Well, I can't even switch modes.
Says in the manual all I do is tap the tail button lightly(but not off) and it should go into the next mode set by default.

Nothing happens. Stays the same brightness.

Says nothing about programming, just entering the hidden modes. Which I can't do, nothing happens. Feels like it has no modes. Theres no momnetary on. It feels like here is though. maybe it's stuck?

Muddquez

Newly Enlightened
Try switching modes by loosening and tightening the tail cap, you should be able to program it this way also.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Maybe the 3 modes are programmed into the same brightness, at 50%. Try getting into the programming mode and see if the light will ramp.

That's a very good idea, I never thought of that.

It does not say anything about "programing" on the instructions. Only "entering the hidden mode menu"
Lightly press tail cap button 3 times within a second.
It says it will go from bright to dim within 8 seconds repeating until you choose a mode. I don't even get that, my light just stays on what I think is max.
I am starting to wonder if it's defective.

aau007

Enlightened
When you fast half click the button with the light is on, does the led blink? Mine does.

busseguy

Enlightened
Well, I can't even switch modes.
Says in the manual all I do is tap the tail button lightly(but not off) and it should go into the next mode set by default.

Nothing happens. Stays the same brightness.

Says nothing about programming, just entering the hidden modes. Which I can't do, nothing happens. Feels like it has no modes. Theres no momnetary on. It feels like here is though. maybe it's stuck?

This light doesnt have the momentary on feature.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Yeah it will blink if it is on and a press it lightly.

It just wont go into another mode. I have no idea what's wrong.

Lj-_-

Newly Enlightened
I'd say it's probably faulty then, my jet III st has the same type of ui, 3 quick half presses of the button and it'll enter into setup or hidden menu, the light will then start off dim and ramp up, another half press again will enter strobe modes. It's not at all hard to get into hidden menu, in fact quite the opposite, I tend to enter setup quite often by acident whilst cycling through the 3 different output modes.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I'd say it's probably faulty then, my jet III st has the same type of ui, 3 quick half presses of the button and it'll enter into setup or hidden menu, the light will then start off dim and ramp up, another half press again will enter strobe modes. It's not at all hard to get into hidden menu, in fact quite the opposite, I tend to enter setup quite often by acident whilst cycling through the 3 different output modes.

:
Aweeee man, I was sorta digging this light. I guess I will return it. I ordered it from CFR Lights. They seem pretty nice.

aau007

Enlightened
Entering the programming mode can be tricky I find at times. The key is more about blinking the led 3 times vs. tapping the switch 3 times. It is a mechanical switch. By half pressing and let go, it actually turns off and on the led. It is a reverse clicky. Therefore, by half pressing, it is no different than two very fast full click. The key to go into programming mode is actually "blinking" (turning the led on/off in 3 successions within a second). Now here comes the tricky part. Depending on the mechanicals of the swtich, if it requires you to press deeping to trigger the "blink" closer to the point of the click, it will be much harder to go into programming mode.

So try this. slowly press the button. At some point the light should turn off before the click. Let go and the light should turn back on. Forget about switch mode for now and just get a feel on how far you have to press before the light turns off. Now that you know how far you have to press to "blink" (turn off and on without hitting the click) the light, try to do this "blink" in 3 successions within a second. Remember you need to actually see the led blinks 3 times within that second to enter programming or what they call hidden menu. Then the light should ramp.

Try it until you believe you have gotten it all correct (blink 3 times within a second) and still unable to go into programming/hidden menu, then call it a defect and send it back.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Entering the programming mode can be tricky I find at times. The key is more about blinking the led 3 times vs. tapping the switch 3 times. It is a mechanical switch. By half pressing and let go, it actually turns off and on the led. It is a reverse clicky. Therefore, by half pressing, it is no different than two very fast full click. The key to go into programming mode is actually "blinking" (turning the led on/off in 3 successions within a second). Now here comes the tricky part. Depending on the mechanicals of the swtich, if it requires you to press deeping to trigger the "blink" closer to the point of the click, it will be much harder to go into programming mode.

So try this. slowly press the button. At some point the light should turn off before the click. Let go and the light should turn back on. Forget about switch mode for now and just get a feel on how far you have to press before the light turns off. Now that you know how far you have to press to "blink" (turn off and on without hitting the click) the light, try to do this "blink" in 3 successions within a second. Remember you need to actually see the led blinks 3 times within that second to enter programming or what they call hidden menu. Then the light should ramp.

Try it until you believe you have gotten it all correct (blink 3 times within a second) and still unable to go into programming/hidden menu, then call it a defect and send it back.

It does exactly what your describing. It will turn off and onn when it's clicked on and depressing it before it makes a full click will turn it off. The issue was when I do that it does not go into any modes or change them. CFR lights suggested tightening the inside of the tailcap which I did. :(

Well, guys. Thanks for all your help. This was to be my EDC:(
I still have my RRT-0 so I am grateful.

Last edited:

timbo114

Enlightened
Ani,
You have to tap that tailcap boot so very slightly and so very quickly 3 times to get into that program mode.
(half press is actually pushing too hard)
You need to act as if that boot will burn your thumbprint off if you touch it too long or too hard.

Point it at a white wall, its easier to see the changes that way.

Try several times - I know it gets frustrating - BUT .. once you get it, you'll always know the feel of it.
That Jet 1 Pro V3 is an awesome light - don't return it until you try a bunch more attempts.
Trust me on this one. You'll thank me.

Last edited:

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Ani,
You have to tap that tailcap boot so very slightly and so very quickly 3 times to get into that program mode.
(half press is actually pushing too hard)
You need to act as if that boot will burn your thumbprint off if you touch it too long or too hard.

Point it at a white wall, its easier to see the changes that way.

Try several times - I know it gets frustrating - BUT .. once you get it, you'll always know the feel of it.
That Jet 1 Pro V3 is an awesome light - don't return it until you try a bunch more attempts.
Trust me on this one. You'll thank me.

I know exactly what you mean. It's actually not hard to tap it on if off lightly.
I've had UI like this before.

I just gave it one last try. I really think it's defective. I also read other JetBeam owners having there lights stuck in program mode if this what's happening. I've been dping the same thing sinc the the box was opened. Exactly as you guys are saying. I said halfway but it was an overstatement. I meant tapping basically.

I don't think they will be in stock new anywhere else stateside either.

Last edited:

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Last resort is a RMA with the merchant you purchased from.
Good luck - I hope you get a working unit.
I emailed him about, he's more then happy to exchange it. He said they might have one more, it's just the cfr lights website says its out of stock.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Last resort is a RMA with the merchant you purchased from.
Good luck - I hope you get a working unit.
I emailed him about, he's more then happy to exchange it. He said they might have one more, it's just the cfr lights website says its out of stock.