found perfect spring for Mag C to 123 conversion

pilot4x4

Enlightened
I just finishing converting my 2 C cell Mag to 3 - 123s. I was trying to decide what to use for a spring. I pulled the tailcap off my 3 C cell Streamlight Twin Task and saw that the spring is wound tighter than the Mag spring at the end so it would make contact with a 123 battery. I tried it in my Mag tailcap and sure enough it fit perfectly. Now I need to call Streamlight tomorrow and see what it costs to buy replacement springs for the Twin Task so I can keep one in the Mag. John

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a spring out of a stapler. If I remember correctly, it was the medium sized Swingline. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi pilot4x4,

The spring that was in my M*g 2C works just perfect with 3X123, did you try that ?

Later Sway,

pilot4x4

Enlightened
Sway, I tried the spring that came in mine and it was too large to make contact with the bottom of the battery. I did modify the stock mag spring though by bending the end of it end so it formed a tighter coil where it contacts the batter. Now it works fine and I put the other spring back in my twin task. John