• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New Year SPECIALS! Custom P60 XML 1000 Lumen Drop in Warm/Neutral/CoolWhite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
,THE DROP INS IN THIS SALE THREAD ARE VERY HOT! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY POSSIBLE INJURIES, FIRE HAZARDS OR ANY POSSIBLE MISHAPS. DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO OPERATE THESE DROP INs WITHOUT COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING OF THE HEAT RISK AND DANGER INVOLVED. YOU THE BUYER/USER ARE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF THE DROP IN SOLD IN THIS THREAD. Please read and follow the warnings in this entire post before purchase. Thank You!

HELLO HELLO HELLO
XML-U2 Run 1: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...U2-P60-Drop-In
XML-U2 Run 2:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?6288-9.19.11-Run-2-Modded-XML-U2-1000-Lumen-P60-Drop-in
XML-U2 Run 3:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?256849-10.3.11-Run-3-Modded-XML-U2-1000-Lumen-P60-Drop-in-DECLARE-WINNER-TONIGHT-12pm
Market Moved to Custom/Here XML-U2 Run 4:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/s: howthread.php?257414-!!!Moved-to-CPF-Custom!!!-Run-4-Modded-XML-U2-1000-Lumen-P60-Drop-in-FREE-GIVE-AWAYS

Hello All!

This thread just got moved from the marketplace to here.

- Please wrap the drop in tightly with aluminum foil before inserting it into your host. PM me if you are unsure how to do this.
- Free Shipping to USA and Canada. Anywhere else add $5 or PM me.
- Please refer to the link above for references
- About 1000 LED Lumen at 4.2A
- When you order please let me know if you want OP or Smooth reflector.
- For direct drive drop in: 3-4.2V Only. Please Use IMR123, IMR14500, and regular 18650. No 26650 or cells that are bigger than 18650 size.
- Thermal Injection only upon request
- Paypal gift or add 4%. (Please include your CPF name and Shipping address)
- I take money order too
- Orange Peel reflectors has best beam with sacrifice of soem throw...my personal recommedation
- Smooth reflectors are great for THROWS but beam profile not as perfect as OP. The reflectors I use allow the LED to go in deeper into the reflectors so the lights focus better

Paypal Email:
[email protected]

You can choose among these tint:
T6 WARM 4000K,T5 NEURAL 5000K, U2 COOL WHITE 6500K

When order pick one of the option below

1) $40 Direct Drive 4.2A (BRIGHTEST) (1000 Lumen)
2) $45 2.5A-2.7A regulated 1 mode 4.2-12.6V, Use 1-3 RCR123 OK :) (770 Lumen)
3) $45 2.8A Regulated 2 Mode L-H 3-6V Max
(850 Lumen)
4) $45 2.8A Regulated 3 Mode L-M-H 3-6V Max (850 Lumen)
5) $47 3.15A Regulated 2 or 3 mode 3-6V Max (890 Lumen)
6) $53 4.2A Regulated 2 or 3 mode 3-6V Max (1000 Regulated Lumen)
7) $50 1.4A-2.8A Regulated SINGLE mode 2.7-6V Max (520-850Lumen)

I buy delivery confirmation for all orders. Please PM me if you want it.

4.2A OP reflector
DSC_0008.jpg

4.2A Smooth Reflector
DSC_0007.jpg

FREEBIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

If we get to the 7th and 14th drop in sold in this thread I will randomly select a lucky winner to win one of the two following item. Grand Prize 20th Drop in Sold: Drawing for one Blue or Gold with any kind of drop in of your choice!
1. New Modded Gray Romisen RC-G2 with crazy throw Run on 14500 only
2. New Secret Modded light
3. Grand Prize 20th Drop in Sold. Drawing for one Blue or Gold Special Edition L2P with any kind of drop in of your choice!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10.31.11 Update
I have finally perfected my Direct Drive Custom Made PCB. This board give very clean and better solder joint compared to the ones used before. I also found a new material for thermal injection that does not have any risk of leaking and making a mess. All DD drop ins from now on will use this board. All drop in will use this new material for thermal injection.
DSC04279.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11.5.11 Update

I am offering 2 additional tint: Warm and Neutral

- Warm is incandescent like.
- Neutral is close to the side of Sunlight White. Very easy on the eye. I am converting most of my personal favorites besides thrower to this LED.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.
-------------------------------------------------------
11.15.11 Update

I am thinking about making some U2 drop in that are fully regulated with 2 mode H-L or 3 mode L-M-H as follow

$47 3.15A
$49 3.5A
$51 3.85A
$53 4.2A

Let me know if you are interested!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
11.23.2011 Update

Warning for FIVEMEGA COOLY USER!

For anyone who is using my drop in in a FiveMega Cooly please be sure to wrap aluminum foil tightly. Use regulated Drop ins only as direct drive XML can't handle 26650 excessive current. I bought a cooly myself and the heat transfer is terrible unless you wrap the drop in tightly with aluminum foil. Just because the host is beefy with fins it doesn't mean the heat will get to it. If aluminum foil is too hard for you to wrap I can send you FREE aluminum adhesive tape to ease with the wrapping. Just post your request here and PM me your address and I will get the aluminum adhesive out to you.

If any other buyer wants FREE aluminum adhesive because aluminum foil is too hard to wrap then just request here and and PM me your address. Thanks!

:)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting right now until Monday midnight if you buy two XML-U2 DD it will only be $60 instead of $80. I only have 3 pairs available. Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11.27.11 Update

- Free Diffuser Vynl and Aluminum adhesive upon request from now on.
- 2.8A current regulated 2.7-6V SINGLE MODE available now
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanksgiving Special Ended. All 3 set sold!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:
For those of you Running my Regulated 4.2A Drop in. Using HIGH on 2*CR123 Might go BOOOOOOM due to the high current drain. 18650 is the safest way to go!!! Consider yourself warn. You may run it for a few minutes and touch the CR123 to see how hot it is.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:

CHRISTMAS SPECIALS!!
1 XML-U2 DD 1000 Lumen for $35 or 2 for $60
Regulated XML-U2 5% Off
Offer ends December 26
----------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

*****Many people are still very confused between several topics below when inquiring one of my drop in:

1. Direct Drive VS Regulation
  2. Thermal Injection
  3. Solder Filled
  4. Heat Transfer
  5. How and why we wrap aluminum for our drop in
  6. High current and switch
  7. Safety high current and batteries type
  8. Reflector types and it effects on light focus.
I will discuss all of the topics above to the best of my knowledge in a separate thread over at CPF which I will link to post 1 of this thread. However I want to show real quick what solder filled look like and share how it really help heat sinking.
I have been experimenting with SST-50 and SST-90 lately and these LEDs are HOT! A SST-50 will easily turn blue at 5A in a P60 pill if heat sink is poor. Heat transfer is similar to water current flow or electricity flow. We do not want bottle necks as they create resistance. And usually resistance wastes useful energy. When I melt solder into the pill of the P60 it allows the heat from the LED sink into the chunk of solder like a water reservoir before it have time to flow into the reflector and then the host. Without solder the heat does not have enough time to transfer away from the LED and into the host thus making the LED turn blue which the LED will die in about 10 seconds. I witness this effect clearly with an SST-50 and a pill with and without solder filled. For XML the solder really seem to keep the light brighter longer. For Direct Drive application, solder filled works great for P60 design. J
DSC04599.jpg

DSC04611.jpg

----------------------------------------------
Update: 12/30/11

New Year SPECIALS!! Will take about 1-2 weeks before shipment. $35 per drop in. FREE SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!

XML-U2 LED Cool White Tint with any options below:
1) 3 Mode High-Medium-Low with memory. High is Direct Drive
2) 5 Mode High-Medium-Low-Strobe-SOS with memory. High is Direct Drive
3) 1 mode Direct Drive with custom PCB design for best current transfer
4)
Free 4"x4" Made in Germany Vynl diffuser film for all orders
5) OP reflectors only. These new one I just got optimize throw and spill beautifully. :)

- 20 Drop in available for this SPECIALS.
- Buy 3 GET ONE FREE
- New Teflon wires use for all builds. ​

Last edited:

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Re: vinhnguyen54 Custom P60 1000 Lumen Drop in

This is an awesome drop in for a bargain price. Well made, nice beam pattern, monster output. Great to see that you're on the third run :)

Tommygun45

Enlightened

4.2A 1000 lumen model please. PP sent. Thanks!

tlyon1022

Newly Enlightened

Hey vinh, do you have any warm tinted XM-L's? and if so, how bright do you think they would run in Direct Drive?

naked2

Enlightened

You might want to add a link to this new thread from your closed CPFMP thread. Is purchase required to be in the drawing?

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take it-

Cool white, 4.2 dd, thermally injected smooth reflector

Thanks!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

You might want to add a link to this new thread from your closed CPFMP thread. Is purchase required to be in the drawing?

I just added the CPFMP thread above. Purchase is required to be in the drawing. One more drop in sold and we do a drawing.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Hey vinh, do you have any warm tinted XM-L's? and if so, how bright do you think they would run in Direct Drive?

I do not have any warm tint. Although I can order and build upon request. I am guessing it's probably around 800 LED Lumen.

MrSypher

Newly Enlightened

How big of a difference between your OP and smooth reflectors? From the pics you really can't tell..

Last edited:

simplec6

Enlightened

I would buy one in a second if there was a 3 mode LMH with high being the direct drive 4.2 amps.

MrSypher

Newly Enlightened

Smooth throws! I recommended smooth.

It usually does more so then the op.. Therefore I'll take:
1 Direct Drive, Smooth with your Thermal Injection.... :thumbsup:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

It usually does more so then the op.. Therefore I'll take:
1 Direct Drive, Smooth with your Thermal Injection.... :thumbsup:

I think you r the 7th buyer which mean Drawing Time For Freebie!

tlyon1022

Newly Enlightened

I would buy one in a second if there was a 3 mode LMH with high being the direct drive 4.2 amps.

Modes have to go through a driver chip, and the point of a direct drive is that there is no driver chip. In a DD setup, the positive lead on the LED is in direct contact with the positive side of the power source, and the negative LED lead is direct to the negative side of the battery source.

weklund

Enlightened

:paypal:
May I have another ..... :devil:

1) $40 Direct Drive 4.2A XML "Warm" Smooth Reflector with Thermal Injection please.

Hey Vinh, this will be my 4th drop purchased from you. These are killer. I really like my 2 mode 2.8 amp. These units crank out the lumens. All my Vinh drops have excellent beam profiles. It would not hurt my feelingings if this one was for free. Add me to the drawing. Many Thanks
Will

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Here is the Drawing list.
1. Rookie Shipped
2. Vudoo Shipped
3.-------
4. drmalenko
5. Tommygun45
6. bugsy714
7. Weklund

Buyer number 3 doesn't want to be in the drawing. So if number 3 pops up in the drawing I will re-draw. Here we go....

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

My dad is going to hit the ENTER key....and the winner is....
Winner.jpg

YOU ARE INCREDIBLY LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Yes sir I am..

I still haven't got your paypal and someone eles beat you to it so I ran the drawing without you for this round. This means you will be in the next round. I am gonna add a few more options for freebie.

Status
Not open for further replies.