help with Quark 123

k12cop

Newly Enlightened
just received 4sevens Quark 123 regular...this is my third Quark and the first two worked great...but the head on this one won't rotate/screw off...it moves a little and there is a gritty feeling, but i can't unscrew or change modes for the life of me.
:(
has anyone else had this problem? is there an easy fix if you have, or do I have to send it back?

thanx for any help.

Norm

Retired Administrator
:welcome:

Definitely not normal your first approach should be to the dealer you purchased the light from.
Norm

k12cop

Newly Enlightened
purchased direct from 4sevens...just spent a good amount of time working on it (until my left index finger actually folded-up cramped...ouch) and it won't budge...my Quarks are definitely the best lights i've ever had...and i probably got the only defective one ever (that's how my luck rolls) but this is weird :confused:

thanx for the reply and the welcome

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you saying that you cannot completey unscrew the head, or that is gritty when doing so? If you can, and with the head off, try cleaning and lubing the threads. One of my Quark AA lights (when I owned it) had a gritty feel to it, only on the tailcap. A little clean and lube fixed it right up. If you cannot remove, or turn the head at all, then definitely contact the dealer. Good luck!

k12cop

Newly Enlightened
when i opened the box i went right into the cellar to try it out...loaded batteries and tested primary mode...loosened head to secondary mode, noticed gritty feel...went back to primary...but was stiff...sent email to 4sevens asking if i should lube threads (they're not open on sat) my brother came over and i went back into cellar to show off...showed him primary mode and loosened head to show secondary modes...have not been able to tighten back to primary or remove head since...maybe grit in threads somehow locked it up?

i'll put in a call to 4sevens on monday and hopefully i'll get a replacement as i can't see how anyone will be able to get this thing apart

thanx for reply

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Quark 123 stopped working after a few weeks. One call to 4sevens fixed everything. Replacement was sent out right away. Great customer service.

k12cop

Newly Enlightened
called 4sevens this morning...i have never been as please with customer service!!!!! they're shipping a new one right out, even before mine is returned...AWSOME COMPANY!!!!

grinser2.gif