Help me to find the light... figuratively and literally

Loomin

Newly Enlightened
I spent about 20 hours browsing CPF and other forums but am coming up empty. I need a new EDC. I currently carry a quarkX 123x2 at 360 OTF lumens. I LOVE it and am very impressed with the light. However i want something that uses a single 18650. I'm tired of buying cr123s. I go through them fast. So here are my requirements, in order of importance...

1) 18650 - I'll be using AW IMR
2) Approximately 350+ OTF lumens
3) Forward clicky (preferably tailcap, not side)
4) Pocket clip
5) Small... 1"x1"x4.5" is the biggest i'll go
6) neutral tint (more of a want than a need)
7) Cheap < $75

The two that have me thinking are......

1) Shining beam s-mini XM-L is nearly perfect, except it is reverse clicky (and not available in neutral). Also, i can't find any real beamshots or specs when used with an 18650. It says 400 max lumens, but that is emitter lumens with 2xCR123s for a short couple second burst. I'm more interested in the OTF continuous lumens with an 18650.

2) The quarkX 123x2 is nearly perfect but with the optional 18650 tube it is too big.

Is there such a light for me?? Or am i living a pipe dream requesting such a light, and maybe i should stick with my quark and buy batteries in bulk?

Loomin

Newly Enlightened
That's why I love this place!! The first response I get is EXACTLY what I was imagining in my head and it has every last detail I requested. Thank you, I'll more than likely be placing my order within the hour, after reading a few reviews and checking beamshots

Sent from my Infused Infuse

Loomin

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure, but I don't think rcr's work. Too low internal resistance causing damage. And I have about 20 18650s sitting on the shelf collecting dust waiting for a host...

why not get rcr123 or a 17670?

Sent from my Infused Infuse

jph

Newly Enlightened
You could get a Solarforce host and choose from many different drop-ins.

Edit: That may be too big, sorry.

Last edited: