German Flashaholics: Today at Aldi Sued

K-T

*Moderator*
I'll see if I can pick one up, too. I wish it would use AA instead of AAA cells though.

Klaus.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey, this is weird

there is an Aldi grocery store near my house! here in South Carolina, USA

is Aldi originally a German company?

i don't see the flashlight on the webpage though?

K-T

*Moderator*
Yes, Aldi is orignially a German company, how old they are exactly I don't know, I am guessing more than 40 years. It is still a family company with two brothers in charge.
They have their standard grocery inventory and in addition to that weekly specials (HiFi, tools, sports equimpent, clothing,..., etc - depenting on the season). For what you pay these items have a rather good quality.

The flashlight is one of these weekly specials and is only available around here.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Off-topic, but I believe Aldi also owns Trader Joe's, the "specialty" grocery chain.

What I want to know is if "sued" is a german word, and if so, what does it mean? When I first saw the topic, "lawsuit" came to mind...

K-T

*Moderator*
I didn't want to go into details but the two brothers divided the company into two parts, the northern and the southern region. "Aldi Sued" is Aldi south, where the line is drawn I don't know for sure. Aldi North and South do have different weekly speicals though. I live in the "Aldi North" region and we didn't have that flashlight special this week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I don't know though if they own Trader joe's, too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Why did "lawsuit" came to your mind, please tell me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Klaus.

freeze12

Enlightened
There are several Aldi stores here in Buffalo (good prices) I will have to keep My Eyes open for the lights!!

Ralf

Enlightened
... unfortunately my wife didn't pick up one
for me, because she didn't come by an aldi yesterday.

Therefore I cannot do any investigations in the
performance of this flashlight :-( ...
and nothing new to play for the weekend ...

Cheers Ralf

K-T

*Moderator*
As far as I have heard they must have sold out these lights roughly an hour after they opened up - at 10AM some stores didn't have any of them left. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
I would have loved to get a WA replacement bulb. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

MilGeo

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
K-T said:
Why did "lawsuit" came to your mind, please tell me?

[/ QUOTE ]
to sue = klagen => sued = verklagt

Ralf

Enlightened
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
K-T said:
As far as I have heard they must have sold out these lights roughly an hour after they opened up - at 10AM some stores didn't have any of them left. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
I would have loved to get a WA replacement bulb. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow are there so many flashaholics out there in
southern Germany ... I mean 20EUR for an flashlight
is not that cheap (for a normal user ...)

Cheers
Ralf

K-T

*Moderator*
Ahh, now I get the sued thing.

20Euro is indeed not that cheap but compared to other flashlights (the unknowledged would name Maglite first) this one does have features nobody has seen before - except the normal user has flipped through the Streamlight catalogue before.

Klaus.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Klaus,

can you tell me whats the connection is between the supposedly chinese Xenon-LED ALDI part and WA bulbs ?

Klaus

K-T

*Moderator*
I haven't seen that flashlight but maybe a WA bulb could be found for tuning it up a bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif That's the only connection between these two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

The other Klaus.