Dream Light - Does it exist?

gringolatino7

Newly Enlightened
Greetings CPFers,

I am new to CPF and new flashlight enthusiast. My current collection consists of a SF E2D LED and XT10. I am looking for my "dream light."
Does something that matches the following exist? Links and pics are greatly appreciated.

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?: I have no preference.
2) Budget: no cap…my God shall supply all my needs (and wants hopefully!)
3) Format: have no idea what this means…I'm a noob.
4) Flashlight-specific format/size: similar size to a SF ED2 LED or Klarus XT10
5) Emitter/Light source: LED
6) Manufacturer: traditional (pre-packaged) OR I can build one (tower+body+tail cap)
7) What battery type do you want to use?: least important factor to me
8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need?: 500-2000 lumens
9) Throw vs. Flood: prefer throw since my XT10 is good for flood, but if it has a diffuser for closer applications that'd be nice
10) Runtime: 30-60 minutes (I have plenty of batteries just ready to be changed)
11) Durability/Usage: Bomb-proof, EDC
12) Switch Type and location: I want a tail mounted switch (preferably a dual switch like the XT10)
13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection: low/mid/high….have to have strobe
14)Material/Finish/Coating: Anodized Aluminum (II or III) or Titanium, again...bomb-proof
15) Special Needs/extras: Reversible pocket/belt clip, if it has "extras" that'd be nice, like the option to buy additional filters, traffic wands, like many of the SF lights offer

Thanks for your time,

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically it seem that you are looking for a well built light than has an output of at least 500 lumens and is a decent thrower. Any XM-L with a larger diameter head will do that. If you want it to be the same size as your current lights the throw more than likely will be similar as well.