Cool thing that Dorcy did...

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey guys,

Like the rest of you Flashaholics, I'm always checking out department stores like Target or Sears to see what is new in their flashlight sections, and of course I often check out manufacturers web sites to see what is new in their line up. While I was surfing around on the Dorcy website www.dorcydirect.com I came across this information below, and thought it was worth passing along. It's cool that Dorcy stepped up like that, and it was based on an employee who was doing more than just filling orders. Kudos to Dorcy for some extra effort in the customer service area.

I coppied the following directly from the Dorcy website, but I also Googled it to confirm that it was a legit story, and it is - more on it can easily be found by googling if you are interested.

PS - If you go to the Dorcy website check out their new, and pretty nice looking, 600+ lumen (ANSI rated) flashlight! It looks like it is along the lines of an ITP A6 Polestar or Fenix TK40. (it uses 6xAA).

Dorcy helps tornado victims
7/10/2011
When John Turner placed his order online at dorcydirect.com he had no idea the help that his community was about to receive. After reviewing the weekends orders, Dorcy's IT director Mark Craddock noticed John's order. Mark noticed that the order was shipping to the city of Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Knowing that the area was hard hit by tornado's, Mark quickly notified John to see if he was out of power, if he needed his order expedited, and if there was anything else Dorcy could do for him. John Turner, a University of Alabama police officer, was one of the lucky ones. The path of the tornado missed his home by less than 2 miles. With many residents in the Cedar Crest community out of power, flashlights were in desperate need. Working nights to search for victims, assist with cleanup, and helping to prevent looting, John Turner said "one thing we learned the first night is that multiple flashlights are a necessity in these situations especially for 12 hour shifts."
Dorcy donated various flashlights that could be handed out to the officers, and residents within the affected disaster area. Dorcy also sent LED glow stick lights for the children staying at the disaster relief shelters. John Turner stated the flashlights were a much appreciated by the residents and that LED glow stick lights were very uplifting for the homeless children. Turner stated "as we left the shelter there was a bunch of children outside playing, and as I looked in my rear view mirror it resembled a scene from Star Wars." A letter received from Interim Chief of Police Tim Summerlin, stated "I wanted to send you a personal note of thanks for your generous donation of lights and glow sticks to the recovery efforts currently underway in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. This has been a trying time for our community; the scale of the catastrophe is unlike anything we have ever experienced in our area in modern history. However, in the midst of tragedy, I continue to be amazed at the outpouring of support from good folks like Dorcy who give of their time, energy and resources to help those who are hurting. It provides hope and encouragement to all of those affected and an assurance that we will be able to define this moment not simply by the tragedy, but by the goodness of our society."

Please help the victims of April's tornado by donating to the University of Alabama's website at
http://www.ua.edu/tornadorelief/

About Dorcy
Dorcy is a global designer and manufacturer of lighting products, who markets over 850 items to residential, commercial, industrial, and government customers around the world. With the headquarters located in Columbus Ohio, Dorcy has several offices around the world. Offices located in Canada, Europe, Australia, and Hong Kong.

Dorcy was the first manufacturer to bring LED technology to the mass market by offering the Cool Blue flashlight in 2001. As a company Dorcy is known for their innovative nature, and continually strives to bring new technology to their entire product line, which has grown to include flashlights, batteries, camping lanterns, area lights and safety lights. Continuing to develop brighter and more efficient lighting products, Dorcy is focused on bringing to market the best product for the best price. For more information about Dorcy Direct please visit www.dorcydirect.com.

Greta

Flashaholic
Admins and Mods... this thread is ok here. Stupid posts should be deleted but thread left open.

Thank you.

DM51

Flashaholic
Admins and Mods... this thread is ok here.
:thumbsup: :) It's good to see a story like this, where a company makes a generous and helpful gesture like this. I hope they gain plenty of extra business as a result - they have certainly earned people's respect.

carrot

Flashaholic
It is fantastic to see people stepping up to help people.

As a side note, Dorcy has also been very generous to our community with an excellent coupon code as noted on the MP.

Acid87

Enlightened
I love how America has such strong patriotism which seems to show itself whenever others are in need. Dorcy really did step up their game too. Good on them I'm sure this will bring them more sales later on.