"Libertizing" : post your pics here

FoxFury

Newly Enlightened
An idea came to mind that could lead to a lot of fun and laughs. Basically I'd encourage you all to post a picture of yourself holding your favorite flashlight and book. Since the Statue of Liberty just turned 125 a few days ago, I'd say we strike her pose (what I'm calling "libertizing") as a tribute. The instructions are simple: hold your favorite flashlight with your right hand and raise that arm while holding a book of your choosing with your left hand.

The goal here is simply to have fun. I'm sure we'll learn of some cool books along the way. Feel free to incorporate your Halloween costume if you like. Please do make mention of the light and book you're holding for informational purposes as it may be hard to tell based on the picture.

I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. Here's two images to kick off this thread.

darth_libertize.jpg

Here's me (as "Darth Vader who clearly forgot to fully extend his right arm":)) holding a FoxFury Rook CheckMate flashlight along with Uncle John's Heavy Duty Bathroom Reader ... I love the random trivia facts and history. Here's a fun fact about Lady Liberty from the book: in 50 mph winds, the Statue of Liberty can sway back and forth as much as 3 inches.

lila_libertize-1.jpg

Lila (my youngest) is holding a Rook SM3 flashlight and Mark Teague's Funny Farm. Toddlers seem to love that book.

Greta

Flashaholic
LOL!! Awesome!! :D ... Lila is a little doll and what a good sport to help out Daddy!

This is definately a very neat idea and should be lots of fun... can't WAIT to see what people come up with! Have fun with this everyone.... but be SAFE!! :twothumbs

Greta

Flashaholic
C'mon guys and gals! It's Halloween! No one is going to get creative with this? I'm seriously disappointed... :(