Halloween lights,whats the brightest?

davyro

Enlightened
Seeing it's halloween i'd like to ask whats the brightest thing your carrying tonight ?
I think the brightest thing i'll be carrying will be a pumpkin which will be burning brightly with candle power
you see my kids will go mad if i have a flashlight out with me tonight
au.gif

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I've been struggling all day with this one. Probably Malkoff warm Hound XML, and Ti Quark regular AAx2 HCRI xpg, for strobe access.

Alternatives: C3 with Malkoff M61 CRI, and a DEFT EDC for fun.

RoBeacon

Enlightened
My son loves lights as much as I do and he's only two y/o I have a hard time keeping flashlights out of his hands. He loves the TK expecailly when I light up birds that are on the opposite side of the lake lol!

fortean101

Newly Enlightened
Varapower 2000 dedomed and copper heatsink can do 2000 lumens otf but was dialed way down most of the time.

davyro

Enlightened
I've just been looking at the DEFT's specs earlier on & i bet you have some great fun with that beast:thumbsup:

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Brinyte LM-900...charging the batteries now to be sure it lasts all night in case I need to fend off any ghouls. Won't be my only light but I haven't made any decisions as to the rest of the arsenal....oh and I'll be working so it's not just for fun.

Sammy_boy

Newly Enlightened
I'm just about to finish work so no pumpkin escapades for me, especially as back at work at 7 tomorrow morning! So Got my current EDC Nitecore Extreme Infinity with me which is my brightest light - though also got my iTP EOS A3 on my ID badge lanyard, and my Romisen RC-G2 cheapie thrower in my hoodie pocket too.

dosei-45

Newly Enlightened
No different than any other night (or day for that matter), Sunwayman V20C & a very old Surefire 6z (with a Thrunite single mode 460 lumen XM-L drop-in).

StarHalo

Flashaholic
There's no point in bringing your brightest light for trick-or-treating; people and children are always standing wherever you would want to point the light, and most suburbs are pretty evenly lit with street lighting anyway. More important is what you use for a locator; aside from glow sticks, last year I took along my Peak McKinley RGB with its constant color-changing miasma of flood, I was hard to miss..

dosei-45

Newly Enlightened

my#1hobby

Enlightened
No, the questions was: whats the brightest thing your carrying tonight?

And my answer was:No different than any other night (or day for that matter), Sunwayman V20C & a very old Surefire 6z (with a Thrunite single mode 460 lumen XM-L drop-in).
Uh, okay :thumbsup:

davyro

Enlightened
I suppose the night is young over in the U.S now its approx 21.50 here so all of the young kids have gone to bed now.So that means its my turn to enjoy halloween
so i'm going to go with my Thrunite TN11 & do a bit of star gazing,thanks for all the reply's, CPF has the best online community on the web:thumbsup:

tel0004

Newly Enlightened
I had a kid point a D cell plastic light in my eyes, so I pulled out my Zebralight SC50, pointed it at her feet, and said "mines brighter"

OCD

Enlightened
Here's what I had on me tonight:

Maratac AAA Stainless (one of my edc's)
RRT-0 R2 Version
Solarforce L2i with XP-G R5 3-mode drop-in
HDS-200 Clicky (my other edc)
Solarforce MPP1 in a belt holster under my coat.

I anticipated giving the L2i to my sister-in-law and the RRT-0 loaded with a Duraloop AA (so it wouldn't be so bright) to my 3yr old nephew.

My sister-in-law didn't go and my nephew didn't ask to use a light!

So I used my HDS with a water bottle cap as a diffuser on moonlight and when cars came I clicked it to the slow beacon. Preset B = 35ish lumens and 200 lumens were only a click or two away. The bottle cap is GREAT for creating a lot of light to see where your walking without being too bright for others.

5 lights was a little overkill but as I said, I anticipated giving 2 of those to others to use.

Last edited: