Seeking wisdom here...

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was going to use my EDC SL ProTac EMS today. I wanted the brightest mode, but must have stuttered in some way when I was pushing the button because all of a sudden it started strobing in me! Is there some secret mode hidden in the UI that only the wise and sage CPF members know about? America wants to know!

PS: Other than that, I love the light. I've been carrying it for a couple of months now, and my ZTS tells me the battery is only down to 40% so far. (Energizer alkaline - when it finally dies I'm going to replace it with a lithium and see how that does)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Could be that it's exhibiting some of the same foibles my Nitecore D11.2 seems to have. It's not exactly strobing, more of a beacon flash, but I think it's due to low battery voltage. Whenever I pop in a fresh NiMH the troubles seem to stop for a while.

Geoff

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Think you're right, Turtle. It was doing it again tonight. I checked it with my ZTS again last night and it read 60%, but tonight it said 40% again. Finally, it wouldn't give more than low mode at any setting. I pulled out one of my Energizer Ultimate lithiums and put that in. Now it is back to the way it used to be. I'm a little surprised that it didn't drain the alkaline battery a little lower before acting up. I didn't think that 50 lumens would put that much strain on a battery, but I guess having to buck the voltage up does increase the current draw.

yifu

Enlightened
Could be due to high resistance as you drain alkalines at a relatively high current. Alkalines are pretty bad in that if you use it in a non low drain application, they don't give you there full capacity and can leak on you. Get some Eneloops for everyday use maybe?