Five new lights this week. Found MY duty light

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually in the last seven days.

O-Light M21
Fenix TK-21
Klarus XT-10

These were all purchased in my quest to find the perfect (for me) belt mounted duty light.

My last duty light was the Insite H2X arcturus and I was very pleased with it as a belt carry light but it is getting dated.

Of the three, MY favorite for belt carry is the Klarus. Having the ability to use all functions without needing to use two hands (O-Light) of find a second switch in a different location (Fenix) makes the Klarus the clear leader as a duty light.

Yes the others do have a more defined hot spot and may throw a little further but typically a belt mounted light is not used as a search and rescue light. I use mine to either search a suspect, clear a building or on traffic stops and the Klarus outputs more than enough light to do all of the above.

The Icing on the cake is that it fits my nylon Gladius holster (bezel down :twothumbs) so I can just carry the light with a quality duty ready holster.

I have used and appreciate the ability of strobe to disorient highly intoxicated persons and the Klarus strobe is a super easy to use with one hand and available at any time with no needing to twist a head or find a second button further up towards the head, on the klarus I can just shift my thumb slightly and it's right there. It's even annoying to me behind the light LOL

I have not been a typical "Uniformed" officer for a while since I work primarily in plain cothes in an almost undercover assignment, I also purchase a Quark tactical X2 123 and a tactical AA light to use in plain clothes. The 123 has become the first light I have ever used as an EDC. I added the deep pocket clip and it is just about perfect (for me) both off duty and in plain clothes.

The O-light is soon to be set up as a weapon mounted light on an AR-15 and the Fenix will be a household or car light. I also have an Eagletac T20C2 MKII coming and I am waiting for a swap out of the Thrunite Scorpion that was returned defective.

Fun thing is I get a deduction on the one's I use duty gear.

speedsix

Enlightened
I got a Klarus PA1 and have been impressed. I know they are new but they seem like they offer a quality product at a nice price.