Stanley Compact HIDC10

BuckSeeker23

Newly Enlightened
So there's lots of threads regarding the HID0109, but not on the compact version. So I had a couple questions for anyone that would like to share with me. The only difference that I know between the two spec wise is that the compact version is a 20w bulb and shade under 3000lm, and the original is 35w right at 3000lm.
1. First, does anyone have a beam pic of the compact vs original since they do have different bulb wattages?
2. I want to change bulb to 4300K for more light, can I use a H3 35w 4300k replacement bulb without doing mod to the ballast?
3. Anyone have other recommendations on how I can a higher concentration of light output. (I need this for spotlighting deer, so throw is more important than flood).

Thanks all.

onetrickpony

Enlightened
I admit no experience with either light, but in general the larger the reflector (assuming proper optical design) the better the throw capabilities.

Not sure how much smaller the compact version is, but if the reflector diameter is significantly smaller I'd say go with the full size.

Then again, if you're spotting deer you may be packing for a good distance, so I'd also check the weight of both to determine your needs versus limitations.

Like all things, there's nothing like experience, and there's never a perfect solution.

BuckSeeker23

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your thoughts.

I believe, and I could be wrong, but the reflectors are the same size. We usually spotlight from a vehicle, so the weight difference between to two is not as issue. I'm wondering if the the ballast are different in each since the fullsize is a 35w bulb and the compact is a 20w bulb.