Legend 2AA "mini" mod?

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Legend 2AA \"mini\" mod?

Has anyone shortened a Legend 2AA to 1AA size? I know it's possible with mini-m@gs... Does anyone know if taps are available that match the Legend clickie's threads?

Jon

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Re: Legend 2AA

i'm sure you can get a tap for the legend tailcap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
it would also be possible to use a kroll tailswitch, which i prefer anyway.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why does everyone like the Kroll so much? There's no way to lock it out, is there?

Jon

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast

no need to lock it out, the rubber boot does the job nicely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the only gripe is its unreliability (solved somehow) and its black colored boots that sometimes cannot match with the various MM color

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

twisting the legend head down should brake the ground connection...

i've just found the legend tailcaps to be...icky.

onelight

Enlightened

I like krolls better also, the legend tailcaps feel cheap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Roth,

I agree that the Legend tailcaps aren't ideal, that was my (only!!!!) complaint with the micro-illuminator.

I plan to put a MM+ R2H into a Legend 2AA or 1AA and was hoping to carefully drill out the stock reflector enough fit the LS inside. If it will give similar results to the micro-illuminator it should make for a nice EDC. But, I don't want to rely on the reflector pushing on the LS to break the connection to ground (to effect a lock-out function), which is why the Legend's lock-out clickie must be kept.

Besides, aren't the Mags (and therefore Krolls) threaded differently than the Legends? I didn't think the Kroll would even work...

Jon

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

yes, the threading is different, but once you chop the back end off, you can rethread it however you want /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ahh, I see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well, maybe I'll just stick with the standard 2AA configuration for now. Thanks for your help.

Jon