Nitecore TM11 vs DRY vs M3C4 - New Beamshot Video

bodhran

Enlightened
Re: Nitecore TN11 vs DRY vs M3C4 - New Beamshot Video

Welcome to CPF. I bought the Dry out of curiosity. Figured if I didn't like it, a that price it wouldn't be a great loss. Not a bad light at all IMO but not one I would lend out to someone unfamiliar with flashlights or 18650 batteries.

Hi bodhran

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to hear you like the DRY, I am close to pulling the trigger on this one myself.

I of course agree with your comments regarding flashlight/18650 familiarity.

The TM11 issues, as reported on here, along with a £225 or so price tag here in the UK, have forced me to consider the DRY among others. At that price I would not appreciate problems. Its a shame but I have crossed it off my short list.

The tripple xml zebralight sounds very interesting, but I would guess a long-ish wait for release.

The debate goes on......

yifu

Enlightened
Yea the DRY is very good value, probably the best budget 3 XML light out there.

joe1512

Enlightened
The only bad thing Ive heard about the DRY is that it has really bad pulse width modulation....even on high mode there is a flicker. Anyone else notice this?
Also, I hate the grenade-look... cant believe 3 18650s are so freaking fat. Would rather have 2 26650s for a more traditional and easier to hold shape.

Enlightened
PWM of the DRY is 207Hz for the 4-mode Low-medium-high-turbo driver. (also for the LMH-Strobe driver) On Turbo mode you definitely won't notice the flicker even with fast moving objects.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi bodhran

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to hear you like the DRY, I am close to pulling the trigger on this one myself.

I of course agree with your comments regarding flashlight/18650 familiarity.

The TM11 issues, as reported on here, along with a £225 or so price tag here in the UK, have forced me to consider the DRY among others. At that price I would not appreciate problems. Its a shame but I have crossed it off my short list.

The tripple xml zebralight sounds very interesting, but I would guess a long-ish wait for release.

The debate goes on......
Hi, worth talking to the guys on britishblades.co they have mentioned getting a good deal through hkequipment, cant remember exactly around 150-160 with batts.

TDK9

Newly Enlightened
Re: Nitecore TN11 vs DRY vs M3C4 - New Beamshot Video

Not a bad light at all IMO but not one I would lend out to someone unfamiliar with flashlights or 18650 batteries.

From cnqualitygoods website: We make this for flashoholics who are of enough general knowledge to operate the light properly.

I like my DRY :)