Can you replace the bezel rings on the new Surefires?

dougie

Enlightened
I was wondering is it possible to replace the bezel rings on the new Surefire G2X and 6PX lights with ones from xenoled and which fit the older G2 and 6P bezels?

CheepSteal

Enlightened
From my experience, there is very little clearance in the bezel threads to fit a thin Surefire rubber gasket, the thinnest lens I could find (I mean online, not just in my spares box), and the Xeno rings. The ring wouldn't even make contact with the threads!
I have a newer model I believe though; another member (houtex I believe) managed to do it, but he mentioned once that his one came with a two piece bezel/lens assembly instead of a single unit like mine.
I too have been trying to find a solution to this problem because my bezel is denting up like mad from drops. Hopefully someone with a solution will present themselves!

I have an idea that just came to mind to use the extremely thin O ring that comes with the G2X with the thin lens and try to see if that fits. I'll try it sometime soon.

dougie

Enlightened
Thanks for the post. I had the same problem with dents to the bezels on my G2 & 6P from drops etc and have found the Xenoled bezel rings do a great job of preventing that sort of damage. Amazing that Surefire didn't think of it a long time ago?

Latest posts