any decent single output lights

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am interested in finding a decent well made single output light with a 1" tube and foreward click switch to use as a carbine mounted light. Should be 2x cr123 or sigle 18650.
Is there anything out there?

My other option is to try a Klarus XT-10 but dimming and strobe really aren't needed

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elzetta or a Surefire 6P w/Malkoff drop in come immediately to mind. :)

I agree.
I have the Elzetta, and I think it is superb as a tactical light or a weaponlight. I would definitely pick the Elzetta over a SureFire, if I was doing the picking.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
There must be quite a few options

Fenix TK11 R5 (leave head tightened and the low mode won't get in the way)
Jetbeam BC25 (same)

EDIT (I just noticed the 1" bit)

Surefire KX4 with 6P body

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am interested in finding a decent well made single output light with a 1" tube and foreward click switch to use as a carbine mounted light. Should be 2x cr123 or sigle 18650.
Is there anything out there?

My other option is to try a Klarus XT-10 but dimming and strobe really aren't needed

Viking Tactics label SureFire VTAC "L4", which is a kx2c head on executive body with a z68? Basically a single mode e2dl. Might not have as bright as flood as you need in a weapon light though.

Target output & runtime? There are two SureFire L4's (actual L4's) on the marketplace now that might be good for this.

edit: nm 1" body rules out executives. Maybe look to jetbeam. Or malkoff in a 6p or 9p.

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
There must be quite a few options

Fenix TK11 R5 (leave head tightened and the low mode won't get in the way)
Jetbeam BC25 (same)

EDIT (I just noticed the 1" bit)

Surefire KX4 with 6P body

lol we both post first read 2nd.

:ohgeez:

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
1" is because it makes mounting easier for me. I ise ARMS #22 throw lever rings and can easily move the light from rifle to rifle

I have not tested it but I have a Blackhawk Legacy with a Thrunite P60 XML xrop in. Crazy bright but not sure it can handle recoil well on my carbine.

thaugen

Enlightened
Surefire 6P bored for 18650, Z59 tail switch, Malkoff M61W drop-in, AW 18650...just off the top of my head...I've not done much thinking about this subject...

yowzer

Enlightened
I think the Peak Night Patrol and First Responder series lights have 1-inch bodies. Available in single mode and infinitely adjustable models wiith a variety of output levels.

thaugen

Enlightened
I also like my Surefire C2, Oveready Triad tail, Malkoff M61LHCRI, and AW 17670...this is a beautiful single output light!

dss_777

Enlightened
Either Surefire 6P or Malkoff MD2 with a Malkoff M61.

Another vote for this option. They're super reliable lights with good output and a simple interface. Just what a weapon light calls for, IMHO.

A couple of thoughts: The MD2 is already bored for the 18650, has a foward clicky, and can be had with a hi-low output ring that allows for a two-level output with the twist of the head. It's an outstanding light, and ends up being one of the least expensive of the high-output options.

The 6P with M61 used to be a good idea, the G2 nitrolon was even better, IMO. However, you need to add the clicky switch to get constant on, and have to find an older LED version since the latest models don't allow drop-ins. However, some people are reporting good results with the new G2X model.

Finally, just be sure your mount is compatible with the light you choose. The nitrolon lights are slightly bigger in diameter than the 6P series (incl. the MD2, IIRC) and this can present a problem for some mounts.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for all the suggestions. Ill let you guys know how it ends up and what I chose. Budget constraints may have me wait another month

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
your in luck... cause the malkoff MD2 fits perfectly, and is one of the best lights ever created.

uses a McClicky, already bored for 18650. optional high/low ring for simple 2 modes. malkoff has great service, and warranty.
best host for any malkoff drop-in. which also happens to be the best drop-ins.

Latest posts