Tapatalk is fantastic

neal71

Newly Enlightened
Did a search and didn't see anything about it, so, sorry if it has already been a topic.

I have not been on in a while because I broke my comp quite a while back and really just didn't want to spend the money on a new because I didn't use it all that much and my school has lots available.

Anyway, I finally don't have to scroll though the forum on my cell phone's Internet browser. Just wanted to share it with anyone who didn't know about the app.

Unfortunately now I can go to CPFM and drool over all the lights that are for sale.

Sammy_boy

Newly Enlightened
Agreed, found out that Getjar were doing some sort of special where you could download Tapatalk for free, love it! Much better than my phone's browser which was slow and clunky. True about the marketplace - even more dangerous as I've also got the Paypal app on my phone too! :devil: Only problem is I'm due an upgrade next month, bet if I re-download Tapatalk on my new phone it won't be free any more :(

(Though I downloaded an APK of the current version just in case!)

neal71

Newly Enlightened
I am fairly certain that your getjar account keeps track of your downloads so you can go back and get it again. That is where I got the app. Now that I have used it, I would not have been mad if I ended up spending three dollars on it.

yeg780

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, Tapatalk is great, especially when you are not around a computer. You can easily catch up on things or browse when you have some down time. I find it to be my most used app on my phone.

bdcheung

Newly Enlightened
I'm a tapatalk user, too. I really like how easy it is to browse new posts by thread, and threads in which I've posted.

A.D.D.i.c.t

Newly Enlightened
My favorite aspects of tapatalk are that you don't have to deal with ads, which slow down a cell phone browser horribly. Also, it makes it incredibly easy to post pics from your mobile device. No flickr this or cut and paste that. Easy. I use it to browse several forums daily.

neal71

Newly Enlightened
Erased my whole phone few days ago installing a new rom, yes, I'm dumb. Soon as I got it back up and running, the first thing I did, even before trying to get my contacts back, I downloaded tapatalk again.

Neal

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
$3, I think it's worth it.

Of course I found out after I bought that it's available free on Samsung apps for Samsung users...

neal71

Newly Enlightened
I went ahead and paid for it even though I got it for free, just to support the app. You can try and get on getjar.com and see if they still have it for free.

DJM

Newly Enlightened
Hi I'm a Tapatalk user too.

I find it very easy to use but must admit I came unstuck when using it when lying in bed as I should have locked portrait orientation. I kept accidentally selecting a user as it changed to landscape orientation & I kept getting the message 'permission error...' after a few times of doing this in the same day I was unable to search the threads and had to contact the administrator. Thankfully all sorted swiftly though!
I haven't posted three times yet, whatever I did probably wouldn't be a problem to someone who's not a new member.

To mvyrmnd,
How do you add smileys on Tapatalk? Do you get that with the in app purchase?? I thought that just gave you coloured text. I would definitely want that feature!

GulfCoastToad

Newly Enlightened
Using iPhone 4S w/ Tapatalk to type this and almost all of my forum posts. Just not enough time to get on computer at home. Keeps track of all my forums in one spot--that feature alone was worth the entrance fee.

Only thing I wish for was push notifications for subscribed threads.

Here's an attempt to use smilies via the emoji keyboard. 🔥⚡💡

Can you see them: fire, lightning, lightbulb?

predator86

Newly Enlightened
I love tapatalk. Could care less about smilies. Well worth the price.

Sent from my VS910 4G

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I decided to take a look at this thread and was surprised (and pleased) not to see "Sent using TapaTalk" at the bottom of every message!

DJM

Newly Enlightened
GulfCoastToad all showing- why didnt I think of emoji icons❔🐸
Predator, smiles are not essential but seem to be used in 98% of posts I've read (not including this thread)

Kaicho dento 😂 very funny❕ 😝

DJM

Newly Enlightened
GulfCoastToad -with you there. Push notifications would be a real bonus! 📩📫😊

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
GulfCoastToad all showing- why didnt I think of emoji icons❔
Predator, smiles are not essential but seem to be used in 98% of posts I've read (not including this thread)

Kaicho dento  very funny❕ 
I'm not seeing anything but boxes with numbers inside for all of these smilies.

I've actually thought of starting a thread about the addition to every post that amount to nothing more than free advertising and an annoyance. It would be ridiculous for all of the rest of us to start adding the same useless information, although the software and device sellers would be happy.

Sent using Windows 7 Ultimate version from Fujitsu Biblo Loox R/D70 over WiFi connection and typed by hand.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
kaichu dento; said:
I've actually thought of starting a thread about the addition to every post that amount to nothing more than free advertising and an annoyance. It would be ridiculous for all of the rest of us to start adding the same useless information, although the software and device sellers would be happy.

There's already one... It degenerated quickly into pointlessness.

Sent using a cucumber, and the ability to decode hexadecimal in my head.

OpusX

Newly Enlightened
My favorite aspects of tapatalk are that you don't have to deal with ads, which slow down a cell phone browser horribly. Also, it makes it incredibly easy to post pics from your mobile device. No flickr this or cut and paste that. Easy. I use it to browse several forums daily.

can you easily take pics with an iPhone and then post them to the forums? Is so, I would like it for the watch forums I visit.

Latest posts