Which would you recomend Thrunite Scorpian V1 or Sunwayman V20C

Shiloh

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone im really new to all this and only recently joined. I need to get a new edc light and am on quite a tight budget. I think i have narrowd it down to the Thrunite Scorpian V1 or Sunwayman V20C but cant decide between them:shakehead. I have read all of the reviews on cpf for both and still cant make up my mind. The light will be mainly used for walking at night and since i regularly walk through dodgy areas it may have to be used in self defence so very high output strobe is needed. I really like the look of both lights but just cant decide. I was wondering if anyone has any experince of either of these lights and has an opinion on which would be better or which one they prefer. Please help me decide :)
Thanks guys

RBWNY

Enlightened
Although I don't own a Scorpion, I DO have the V20C... AND... am in the process of trying to sell it! PM me if you'd like to know more about that.

Don't get me wrong though, the Sunwayman IS a great light. Why am I selling it? First, the short travel-time in the magnetic ring. Although with 1-hand use, that can be handy...but it must be turned very slowly or else you'll go from one extreme to the other within a half-second! Next is the exclusion of a belt-clip. I've come to expect them on the lights I buy... even on those with a little extra "thickness" as the V20C has. When I was buying this one, I was rather excited about it, and paid no attention to the fact that it lacks one (clip). Next, are the outer rings in the beam. Not noticeable in outdoor (distance) usage, but in shining at maybe 20' or less... they're there. (that's just me being picky I guess)

Anyway, those are the reasons why I'm selling. Again, for general usage, durability and craftsmanship, it's a great-looking light and is probably ever bit as good as the Scorpion. I'm thinking though, as far as throw is concerned, the Thrunight might be more powerful in that department. The V20C is obviously built for flood... not throw.
One thing about the V20C, the strobe is VERY easy to use at a monents notice :naughty:.

Shiloh

Newly Enlightened
Hm not too sure about the lack of the pocket clip but it does look like an easy to use light, are you based in the uk by any chance rbwny?

Does anyone have any experience of the scorpian V1 it would be really good to get some opinions on that as well?

Shiloh

Newly Enlightened
No one have any experience with the scorpian at all :shakehead

gsteve

Enlightened
I have one and love it. Im sending back a tm11 because i dont think it outperforms the v2 by enuff compared to its size. Go into the review section. Great write up there. I dont love the switching of modes but got used to it.