• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Maelstrom G5, Ray X60, ArmyTek Predator MODDED XML U2

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I made two mod tonight. The G5 had an XML-U2 pushed at 2.8A. The Ray X60 with U2 Pushed at 4.2A. Both yield beautiful beams that THROWS!!!! The G5 was particularly hard to Mod but it was worth it! Of course the X60 threw better with the bigger head and more current. I really think this is how the X7 should have been pushed. Ok enough talk... Eye candy coming in just a bit!

DSC00084.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

G5 Left - X60 Right
DSC00099.jpg

It's too cold and too late for outdoor beam shot today. The X60 threw noticeably better than Scorpion V2 which the V2 threw a bit better than the G5. That's all for now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DSC04070.jpg

DSC04071.jpg

I just mod my ArmyTek Predator with an XML-U2 and I got surprising result. The original XPG-R5 yield a beam that I thought wasn't very pretty. It's dim and just unsatisfying. I went ahead and put in an XML-U2. I left the original driver untouched and now the beam is just beautiful and throws like CRAZY! It clearly out throws my XML 2.8A Maelstrom G5 above! I do not have the X60 anymore to compare so I am unsure at this point. But that's not weird...this is real weird...I measured the tail cap current on both the G6 and the predator and I got 2.8A and 1.32A. But some how, just some how the brightness to my eyes appear to be the same with a ceiling bounce...I was so buzz that I went ahead and took out my light meter of truth. I got 63lux for the AP and 72Lux for the G5. I swap batteries and got the same reading. I do a lot of mods and I know what 1.32A looks like with an XML. There is no way the U2 in the AP is getting 1.32A. Anyhow, until I figure this out let just all it a complete success! I cant belive the AP reflector focus the light so well and the with the orignal driver too! ahhhhhhhhhhh What night :)

Last edited:

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Re: Maelstrom G5 and Ray X60 MODDED XML U2

Great Mod! I love the UI of the G5 but was dissapointed with how weak they drove the X7. My dream light would be a X7 driven to the max with say a 1.7" diameter head.

Do the lower modes work well or do they end up bunching together with out as much difference between them?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: Maelstrom G5 and Ray X60 MODDED XML U2

Great Mod! I love the UI of the G5 but was dissapointed with how weak they drove the X7. My dream light would be a X7 driven to the max with say a 1.7" diameter head.

Do the lower modes work well or do they end up bunching together with out as much difference between them?

There is a different driver in it now. So the modes switching is no longer loosening the head. It's a two mode High Low now switch with the tail clicky. I hated turning the head as mine wobbles anyway.