xeno eo3 switch alternatives

papageorgio

Newly Enlightened
I've only had my xeno for 2 months and already had to put in a replacement switch. It wasn't the metal tabs, but the switch was making a grinding noise and the light was flickering. The replacement is working better. I really like this light, but the switch seems to be a weak point. Are there any aftermarket switches I could use to upgrade this light? I'm also a little concerned about running it on 14500 with the standard switch. Any suggestions? Anyone else with my issue?

jondotcom

Enlightened
Mine flickering due to the switch was resolved by penetrating the switch with WD-40 and now it works perfect.

I am curious though too about long term and it looks to me like you could easily retrofit a different switch to fit.

papageorgio

Newly Enlightened
I'll have to try some wd40. Hadn't thought of that...ill report back. The new switch does seem to have much less resistance..

pblanch

Enlightened
Both mine came with some spare switches which I thought was useless until one of them (already installed) started squeaking when turned on/off level change. Drove me nuts until I changed it out - back to loving it again. Anyone know of a forward clickly switch that I can screw onto the E03? That's the only thing I want to change. I don't have the courage/know how to relocate a LED to another light, the tint on my EO3 NW is perfect.

Help me Old Ben you are my only hope.

PS I have both the the NW and CW (this has a better tint than my SC600 as well which really pissed me off)

davyro

Enlightened
I've got a Xeno E03 in the post on it's way to me & everything i've read about the light is positive except a few concerns about the switch
so i'm hoping someone comes up with a better version so i can mod the light,a nice forward clicky thats bomb proof would make this
cheap EDC a very very good light by the sound of things.:drool: