TW3 Clickie?

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Considering that UBH's are fairly rare these days, the advent of the TW3 came as a welcome surprise for me. The only problem I have with it, is that you have to twist the head to turn it on and off.

I don't know about you guys, but some of my toys get pretty friggin' hot and twisting the head isn't very appealing to me.

Has anyone toyed with the idea of popping a hole in the back of a TW3 for a Kroll or Ram or any other switch? If anyone has already done it, I'd really be interested.

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have not been bothered by the twist- on feature. It is like having a giant ARC AAA! The KL1 head on mine doesn't seem to be getting overly hot.

But I do wonder about the lanyard hole features on the TW3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Why did they put two holes on the tail cap? Maybe they used these two holes as grab-its when they ran it through the anodize baths. I think you only need one hole to put a split ring on the light. Can't figure how two would be utilized. Well I guess you could make a bail for the end. But a bail would not be as cool as a centered split ring.
I'd go for a clickie if it was a mini and fit without removing the holes...