Power Still out in Connecticut...

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since 2:30 Sunday morning. And my town just cancelled Halloween (after postponing it from Monday night). :( Oh, and it doesn't look like school's gonna start next week, either. Which my 7-year-old thinks is just fine, thank you. Pretty much still a mess after almost a week, but it's really just an annoyance for me. (Don't tell my wife, she's working evenings so I can work days, sick, and doesn't like the cold.) I need to like take her to Florida for a long wekend when this is over.

But, the flashlights are seeing alot of use!
smile.gif

The E1B or L1 in the pocket to and from work (funny how my office has power, but I don't...);
The A2 WH around the house and yard (man I LOVE the A2!);
Two E01s a DQG and a Maratac AAA are doing duty as kitchen, bedroom, lving room and bathroom nightlights; and
My RA HI CRI is doing a great job as a reading light, with a ceiling bounce. Sooooo much nicer than cool white. I need another.

I've got like 50 CR123a batteries, a few RCRs and a pile of Eneloops, and I can recharge each day at work. So I don't even have to break out the L92s. Funny, the AA lights aren't getting much use.

I gave my parents a LM31, a Quark AA, and my old Romisen RC-N3 a year or so ago, and they're doing just fine, too. Plenty of AAs and a few CR123a over there. Of course, they have hurrican lamps and a fireplace (old school) which is really much more comfy.

Not so tough, really. Unless, you actually want HEAT. We're lucky this in November, and not January, or we'd all be in deep you-know-what.

They say....we'll have our power back on by midnight Sunday. Uhm...maybe.

S1LVA

Enlightened
Sorry to hear that your power is still out, Tony. But, I'm glad you love that A2! ;)

I hope power is restored soon for you.

S1LVA

sassaquin

Enlightened
I'm northwest of Boston and luckily live in a town with our own power company that responded to outages right away and most of the town has underground wires. However, several of my friends in neighboring towns are still without power since last Sunday night, so you are not alone in your misery.
An elderly women in central Massachusetts froze to death yesterday in her own living room, so if you have elderly neighbors, please check on them. Hopefully, all will be restored soon.:)

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just had a power outage. Plenty of primary batteries, plenty of fully charged li ion batteries, and a solar charged deep cycle 12v boat battery to bring into the house connected to worklights. The worst part was not the light. No internet. No CPF! Grrr.....

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bigbluefish:

Geez you still don't have power

DaveG

Enlightened
I can relate,I lost my power Sat 4:00pm got it back Wed 4:30pm,I lucked out to get it back when I did. I have friends that are still out today also.Good luck.

andrewnewman

Enlightened
Power just came back this afternoon (went out last Saturday afternoon... 1 week almost exactly)!!! The Jetbeam PA40 and Fenix TK45 got lots of use as tailstanding lanterns. My HDS Rotary never left my side and Angie kept her 4Sevens Mini123 around her neck most of the time. Yesterday I got desperate and did some 'creative' wiring to get the boiler to run off of the outside generator. I'll do it right (and to code) later this week. All in all, "house camping" wasn't awful but I'm glad to have lights again. My office this week (where there was power) was strung up with battery chargers and I spent each morning cycling in new NiMH AA, LiIon 18650 and 16340 cells as they were charged. Actually went through very few primaries.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back at the office again for a few hours today. One of my colleagues came in briefly and said he saw the CL & P crew outside my building this morning on his way in. :thumbsup: